Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Fans Send Death Threats to Referee and Trash His Business on Facebook

Featured Replies

Disagree.

 

"Do not stand idly by if you witness injustice". - Elie Wiesel

 

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Again, what should UK fans do to stop this?

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly what many have been doing here.

 

I agree that the lunatic fringe in all probability won't be stopped. They're morons.

 

But at the very least, I will call it out; here and in other venues.

Exactly what many have been doing here.

 

I agree that the lunatic fringe in all probability won't be stopped. They're morons.

 

But at the very least, I will call it out; here and in other venues.

I will call out lunatics no matter who they route for, but for Forde or anyone to think the UK fans have some obligation to do it or that it will actually solve anything is ridiculous.

I just don't get what non-UK fans and Forde want from the sane UK Fans? Are we supposed to denounce our fandom? You can't control the few nut jobs out there. They're gonna do what they want to do and say what they want to say. I'm not going to be ashamed to be a UK fan cause Forde has an axe to grind and he's latched on to a few nutjobs as his ticket to trashing a University. Seems like he's taking the lazy way out on his journalism.

We get it. The non-UK fans hate UK and are gonna ride this into the ground.Obviously a few hundred nut jobs represent an entire fan base that's into the millions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At least our players weren't sleeping with prostitutes in the dorm, or our coaches hooking up in an Olive Garden :D

 

It's interesting... the crowd in here painting UK fans as a whole based on a few deplorable fans actions are the same that say don't paint the Islamic religion based on a few deplorable people of the Islamic faith.

Forde's article is dumb. You can't control other people's actions

How can you be overrated when you're not rated that high? I don't think UK fans elevated Turner to any unrealistic heights. Maybe I'm wrong. IMO that game was really the only stand out performance I remember from him. And that's really just because he exposed Wojo for the average player he was.
I always looked at Turner as a decent role player. He wasn't ever flashy and didn't put up big numbers, but he was very consistent and wouldn't try and do too much like some of our former players would.
I think a bigger proportion of KY fans are this way than any other fan base. I'd say even a few on here have probably called the man's home or business.
I would love to see some facts to back up your accusations. I could show you examples from just about any fanbase of a few going overboard. You making a ridiculous statement that KY fans have a bigger proportion of bad fans than any other fan base is ludicrous. Just because it meets your agenda doesn't make it right. Waiting on facts to back up your claims.

 

Here are some fans from other fan bases that acted poorly, does that mean their entire fanbase is bad?

9 Examples of Fans Behaving Badly | Total Pro Sports

Report: Fans confront Matt Schaub at his home | ProFootballTalk

  • Author
Give it a rest with your made up percentages . I think you're one of the ones who called and you just won't own up to it. See how easy that was? You're delusional.

 

Not only wouldn't I do those crazy things, the game was already just a passing thought by the time I went to bed on Sunday. I know people that are still raging about it. I stand by my assertion.

Not only wouldn't I do those crazy things, the game was already just a passing thought by the time I went to bed on Sunday. I know people that are still raging about it. I stand by my assertion.

 

I like you SF, but you are out of your mind delusional on this. It's pathetic that you keep saying people on here are doing this idiotic stuff.

  • Author
I like you SF, but you are out of your mind delusional on this. It's pathetic that you keep saying people on here are doing this idiotic stuff.

 

I like you too. Just saying that I wouldn't be surprised. There are deranged fans everywhere. No reason there wouldn't be a few from sports websites similar to this one.

Every fan base has idiots that do crazy things. What makes Kentucky stand out more is it has college basketball's largest fan base. Replace UK in this regional loss with UConn and the social media attacks and phone calls would be few. Heck, the Huskies had only about 2000 fans in Houston for the Final Four in 2011.

 

With so many followers Kentucky's irrational reacting fans are obviously going to be more numberous than most schools. That's why 2% of BBN attacking Higgins makes it appear to be 50% of the fan base to many national people. Far from it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.