Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Fans Send Death Threats to Referee and Trash His Business on Facebook

Featured Replies

This is such a non story. It's as if you believe the officiating was horrible and leaned toward UNC such as I do then that makes me wrong or bad. I didn't wish harm to the ref, I do wish he wouldn't officiate another UK game due to what is perceived as a bias. That doesn't mean I'm with the minority who wants the guy dead.

 

People are allowed to complain about bad officiating and that doesn't make them bad. For some in here to act as if everyone in a fanbase is wrong because a few have made death threats better take a look at their own fan base because there are bad apples in every fan base that ever existed.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked in another thread and will ask again her. Every story I've read about this said he is receiving death threatS for fanS. What does that mean? 2, 3, 10, 100, 10000? Does it change how people want to view the UK fan base if it turns out it was 2? What if it was 1%? Does that change things?

I don't think so.

 

However I did recall seeing Coach K chase the officials down after their 2002 upset loss to IU.

 

The worst loss I have ever felt as a Dukie. That game was brutal. Such an awful game. Bad bad memories from that night.

The worst loss I have ever felt as a Dukie. That game was brutal. Such an awful game. Bad bad memories from that night.

 

Worse than blowing a 17 point lead with 10 minutes to go against Kentucky in 1998? Or was the before you hated Kentucky?

Worse than blowing a 17 point lead with 10 minutes to go against Kentucky in 1998? Or was the before you hated Kentucky?

 

Can't speak for Purple but that 2002 team were the defending champs that returned everybody but Battier. They were poised for a repeat and it was a huge upset to that IU team.

Worse than blowing a 17 point lead with 10 minutes to go against Kentucky in 1998? Or was the before you hated Kentucky?

 

I hated UK then. Hated UK since 1985. Now I don't hate UK as much. Just UK fans.

 

For the record, Wayne Turner is the most overrated player in UK history. Stole his rock in a pick up game. :no: All Time Winningest player at UK, right? :no:

 

But anyways, in 2002 that was when Duke was led by Jason Williams, Mike Dunleavy and Carlos Boozer. That team was supposed to repeat and they were crushing Indiana that game. The game was in Rupp too and I turned down free tickets to go. Wanted to stay home and drink and watch the game. Anyways, Duke was up by as much as 22 points that night. They were up so much that CBS switched games because that one was no longer competitive and back then they didn't broadcast every game on 8 different channels. As the game got closer they finally switched back and next thing you know Indiana was up 4 with under a minute to play. Jay Williams is fouled shooting a 3, makes the 3, misses the free throw. Ballgame. I'll never forget it. One of my favorite Duke teams ever with my All Time Favorite Dukie having a breakdown at the worst possible time. :no:

 

Never forget it. My most painful loss as a Dukie.

 

1998 is the second worst loss but no matter how hard UK fans try that game will still never be better than the 1992 game when Laettner hit that shot to send The Unforgettables home.

I hated UK then. Hated UK since 1985. Now I don't hate UK as much. Just UK fans.

 

But anyways, in 2002 that was when Duke was led by Jason Williams, Mike Dunleavy and Carlos Boozer. That team was supposed to repeat and they were crushing Indiana that game. The game was in Rupp too and I turned down free tickets to go. Wanted to stay home and drink and watch the game. Anyways, Duke was up by as much as 22 points that night. They were up so much that CBS switched games because that one was no longer competitive and back then they didn't broadcast every game on 8 different channels. As the game got closer they finally switched back and next thing you know Indiana was up 4 with under a minute to play. Jay Williams is fouled shooting a 3, makes the 3, misses the free throw. Ballgame. I'll never forget it. One of my favorite Duke teams ever with my All Time Favorite Dukie having s breakdown at the worst possible time. :no:

 

Never forget it. My most painful loss as a Dukie.

 

1998 is the second worst loss but no matter how hard UK fans try that game will still never be better than the 1992 game when Laettner hit that shot to send The Unforgettables home.

 

I agree the game wasn't better, but it definitely helped ease the pain from that loss.

Can't speak for Purple but that 2002 team were the defending champs that returned everybody but Battier. They were poised for a repeat and it was a huge upset to that IU team.

 

This. Such a sad sad night. And then Maryland won the title. :no:

This. Such a sad sad night. And then Maryland won the title. :no:

 

Meanwhile Carolina went 8-20

I hated UK then. Hated UK since 1985. Now I don't hate UK as much. Just UK fans.

 

For the record, Wayne Turner is the most overrated player in UK history. Stole his rock in a pick up game. :no: All Time Winningest player at UK, right? :no:

 

But anyways, in 2002 that was when Duke was led by Jason Williams, Mike Dunleavy and Carlos Boozer. That team was supposed to repeat and they were crushing Indiana that game. The game was in Rupp too and I turned down free tickets to go. Wanted to stay home and drink and watch the game. Anyways, Duke was up by as much as 22 points that night. They were up so much that CBS switched games because that one was no longer competitive and back then they didn't broadcast every game on 8 different channels. As the game got closer they finally switched back and next thing you know Indiana was up 4 with under a minute to play. Jay Williams is fouled shooting a 3, makes the 3, misses the free throw. Ballgame. I'll never forget it. One of my favorite Duke teams ever with my All Time Favorite Dukie having a breakdown at the worst possible time. :no:

 

Never forget it. My most painful loss as a Dukie.

 

1998 is the second worst loss but no matter how hard UK fans try that game will still never be better than the 1992 game when Laettner hit that shot to send The Unforgettables home.

How can you be overrated when you're not rated that high? I don't think UK fans elevated Turner to any unrealistic heights. Maybe I'm wrong. IMO that game was really the only stand out performance I remember from him. And that's really just because he exposed Wojo for the average player he was.
How can you be overrated when you're not rated that high? I don't think UK fans elevated Turner to any unrealistic heights. Maybe I'm wrong. IMO that game was really the only stand out performance I remember from him. And that's really just because he exposed Wojo for the average player he was.

 

Quit stealing my thunder. I took his cookies. He's overrated. End of story.

Quit stealing my thunder. I took his cookies. He's overrated. End of story.
:lol2: I mean, he was a Globetrotter so you got that going for you.
:lol2: I mean, he was a Globetrotter so you got that going for you.

 

:lol2:

 

 

It was the highlight of my pick up basketball career. I should have retired then. Gone out on top like Elway did.

Thinking about this....I would bet all of this attention actually helps his business. "Just spell my name right."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.