Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky Fans Send Death Threats to Referee and Trash His Business on Facebook

Featured Replies

Just might make the next official evaluate his next calls a bit better and be less concerned about moving the game along so he can make his flight!

  • Replies 116
  • Views 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just might make the next official evaluate his next calls a bit better and be less concerned about moving the game along so he can make his flight!

 

It has to be the school folks. It has to be.

I think a bigger proportion of KY fans are this way than any other fan base. I'd say even a few on here have probably called the man's home or business.

 

The absurdity of this statement knows no bounds....

Same people that grab a couch and burn it in the street.

Not the same people at all. The people burning couches are college students. The people calling him are grown men with families, wives, kids, careers. It's sad really.

I can't imagine the reaction here if these were Duke or Louisville fans.

The Kentucky Wildcats lost a wild Elite Eight game against North Carolina where both teams exchanged unbelievable shots in the final seconds.

 

In every close game, there are moments that fans can pick apart as major swings. In the case of Kentucky fans, the officiating from referee John Higgins had Big Blue Nation up in arms. Higgins made a series of questionable foul calls that certainly came back to bite the Wildcats. But after the loss, Kentucky fans took their anger too far. They went after Higgins’ livelihood.

 

Higgins owns John Higgins Weatherguard, Inc., which is a roofing company based out of Omaha, Neb. Since NCAA officials aren’t paid full-time, many of them hold regular jobs when they’re not officiating. In the case of a roofing company, reviews are a huge tool for prospective clients as they hire a roofer. Well, Kentucky fans have spent the past couple days trashing the review section of Higgins’ company Facebook page.

 

Kentucky fans cross the line by trashing referee John Higgins’ business on Facebook | For The Win

 

Shame on those Kentucky fans! Now, if they sent out the death threats BEFORE the game, then they might have gotten a different result!

  • Author
The absurdity of this statement knows no bounds....

 

 

I respectfully disagree. I think there is something really crazy going on with at least 20 to 25% of the people in this fanbase. Calipari knows it . Other schools have crazy fans but I think there's something really "special" about UK's fanatics.

I think a bigger proportion of KY fans are this way than any other fan base. I'd say even a few on here have probably called the man's home or business.

 

You ever think you it seems that way because of your connection to the state? You probably have had more contact with Kentucky fans than any other team with a national following.

  • Author
I can't imagine the reaction here if these were Duke or Louisville fans.

 

Oh yes, you can !!! :)

I respectfully disagree. I think there is something really crazy going on with at least 20 to 25% of the people in this fanbase. Calipari knows it . Other schools have crazy fans but I think there's something really "special" about UK's fanatics.

 

At most, 2% (and that number is probably way too high) of the fan base is delusional and idiotic enough to call his home or business or threaten him.

 

Seth Greenberg talked to numerous officials today and they said this is par for the course stuff from ALL fanbases.

Kentucky fans once again prove why their lack of class has no bounds.

 

SF, that's "some" overzealous idiots. Most UK fans I know are not classless and I'd say the majority of UK fans are not like your blanket post. But keep baiting it and reelin' it in.

I think a bigger proportion of KY fans are this way than any other fan base. I'd say even a few on here have probably called the man's home or business.

 

I can think of a few football fan bases that are this bad and worse.

I can't imagine the reaction here if these were Duke or Louisville fans.

 

Would be the same from me....They should squirrel dive off the nearest tall building.

Same people that grab a couch and burn it in the street.

 

That's mob mentality. Whoever calls a threat in is by themselves and that's truly scary.

Better?

 

A quarter of 1% is more like it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.