Wallpaper Removal Suggestions?

00Rocket28

Right now it's all subfloor so I may give the sprayer a shot. The water heater is removed so I don't know what I'll do to get hot water. Over this...
Boil it is about all you can do if the stove works. Or if you have a turkey fryer you could use that. Also, I was only half kidding about ripping out the drywall. I freakin hate ripping out wall paper.

Boil it is about all you can do if the stove works. Or if you have a turkey fryer you could use that. Also, I was only half kidding about ripping out the drywall. I freakin hate ripping out wall paper.

I've gutted this sucker with the exceptions of the walls so the kitchen is bare till the 28th when cabinets and appliances arrive. I'll never do another remodel :no:

Bought a steamer today. Knocked out 2 1/2 walls in about 2 hours. Next question for you folks. I've been told after I get the paper down, I have to use an oil based primer, then a skim coat of mud if needed, then I can use normal latex paint. Is this correct?

Bought a steamer today. Knocked out 2 1/2 walls in about 2 hours. Next question for you folks. I've been told after I get the paper down, I have to use an oil based primer, then a skim coat of mud if needed, then I can use normal latex paint. Is this correct?

I've never skim coated. Just patch any holes and prime.

If you want to rehang wallpaper, oil based primer was always the way to go.

If you're planning on painting, I don't think it really matters what kind of primer you use. The fellas at the paint store can answer that one for you.