Stats of interest:

FGs - NK 26, UK 27

3PT FGs - NK 8, UK 3

Off Reb - NK 13, UK 11

Blocks - NK 3, UK 9

Steals - NK 6, UK 5

Assists - NK 11, UK 12

FT points - NK 11, UK 28

Really great game by NKY against a physically superior team.

UK has the tools to beat anyone and that is why I have them in F4. But they do not seem to have 'killer instinct' in these type games.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson Williams grew up in the middle of that game. Start of the game he was hesitant about attacking and as the game went on he realized he could do all his stuff against these guys too. Keep working on the handle and the shot this off season and next year will be huge for Carson.

I was hoping for UK to look very good and win big and start the tournament off on a high note. But as many Round of 64 games are, the lower seed keeps it closer than expected. Survive & Advance, I expect the Cats to play like the Cats we saw in the SEC Tournament against Wichita State on Sunday.

Carson Williams grew up in the middle of that game. Start of the game he was hesitant about attacking and as the game went on he realized he could do all his stuff against these guys too. Keep working on the handle and the shot this off season and next year will be huge for Carson.

He's done that all year, the guy gets buckets. It's insane how bad he made Willis look.

Who was arguing with me last week that ky is better now than when they played North Carolina?

The difference is that when they played Carolina they didn't realize they could consistently feed BAM. Now they know that, it changes things. Not a good game but UK did what they needed to do.

Per Ben Roberts, Kentucky kids accounted for 62 of NKU's 70 points: Holland 22, Williams 21, McDonald 14, Faulkner 3.

Catch 22 there for NKU, because you know people are mentioning this to Cal as he loses two 4 year in state guys that were both contributors.

Edited by sportsfan41

You have a different opinion and that's fine. I'm just trying to get some clarification on what all was better at the beginning since you think that? Transition offense was basically the only thing they did better to start this year. Which had more to do with other teams transition defense not being good yet the first month of the season.

From individual players, to defense, rebounding, and half court offense this team is better now than they were to start the year. Put it this way if UK still played like they did at the start of the year, then they probably lose tonight.

Give it a rest dude, I gave you my opinion TWICE, We disagree, get over it, I'm done, if that's not CLAIRIFICATION enough for you then I can't, and don't want to help you.

Give it a rest dude, I gave you my opinion TWICE, We disagree, get over it, I'm done, if that's not CLAIRIFICATION enough for you then I can't, and don't want to help you.

So offense was better earlier this yeat but you won't say what with the offense was better, and they tried harder earlier this year. Got it.

Just remember you're the one who brought it back up...