Kentucky 79 Northern Kentucky 70

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's missing shots and now everyone acts like he is just some overrated AAU player, but fail to realize that while missing his shots the past month or so he has stepped his game up defensively and isn't taking the bad shots he was at the beginning of the year. I don't want to hear the Malik Monk AAU crap. You know who else played AAU? Every single division 1 college basketball player.

Sorry to have stepped on your feelings. Just saying Cap is first to acknowledge that taking the AAU mentality out and injecting the Team mentality in is his Job 1 annually. Monk's choice of shots is problematic and even when he was hitting them earlier it was predestined to germinate into what we are seeing.

Sorry to have stepped on your feelings. Just saying Cap is first to acknowledge that taking the AAU mentality out and injecting the Team mentality in is his Job 1 annually. Monk's choice of shots is problematic and even when he was hitting them earlier it was predestined to germinate into what we are seeing.

Agreed. At this point Monk doesn't have the physical strength to be a good defender or rebounder. He is a streaky scorer although inconsistent. I would have to think his NBA stock is dropping.

You didn't hurt my feelings I can promise you that. But you're acting like this is a Malik Monk problem here. It's not. Getting players to buy into the team instead of the themselves is the first job of any coach at the division 1 level. That goes for Malik Monk, Drew McDonald, DeAaron Fox, and Carson Williams. They all played AAU at a very high level. I'm just tried of hearing the AAU excuse. Malik Monk is just off right now. You know who else is off right now? Steph Curry. But great shooters will figure it out. You better hope Malik starts taking and making those shots again because we aren't getting past UCLA without him.

Agreed. At this point Monk doesn't have the physical strength to be a good defender or rebounder. He is a streaky scorer although inconsistent. I would have to think his NBA stock is dropping.
Monk doesn't have the physical strength to be a good defender or rebounder? Have you even watched him play the past month. The dude has been going after it on the defensive side of the court and pulling down rebounds.

The difference in my opinion was UK having a center in shape.

I would have 100% agreed with this statement if you made it 12 months ago. Today, I disagree completely. The career and program changing decision Drew made to completely change physically is obvious to every Norse fan. Fantastic year resulted. If Drew continues on his program, the next two years are going to be pretty exciting.

Biggest negative was Cal crying after the game about the late start and late finish time of game....nobody else mentioned the late issue just Cal.....great way to react to win and makes positive statement to his young team!!!! you have got to be kidding me!!! Cal the Great at his best.....what a joke!!

Hey, they are going to tip it off about 3 on Sunday, so let's see how that goes.

You didn't hurt my feelings I can promise you that. But you're acting like this is a Malik Monk problem here. It's not. Getting players to buy into the team instead of the themselves is the first job of any coach at the division 1 level. That goes for Malik Monk, Drew McDonald, DeAaron Fox, and Carson Williams. They all played AAU at a very high level. I'm just tried of hearing the AAU excuse. Malik Monk is just off right now. You know who else is off right now? Steph Curry. But great shooters will figure it out. You better hope Malik starts taking and making those shots again because we aren't getting past UCLA without him.

If he doesn't get it together, we don't get past this Sunday.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers, everyone needs to R-E-L-A-X! No one is going to be inspired to play a 15 seed at 10:15 at night. Did they play well? No. Is that because they are no good or don't care? No. They will be ok. Everyone on that team knows they need to play better Sunday if they want to win. They will get back at it today and get ready for Wichita. I think the only thing that concerns me is Monk. He has to get it going. Even if his shot is not falling he has to start getting to the rim!!

In the words of Aaron Rodgers, everyone needs to R-E-L-A-X! No one is going to be inspired to play a 15 seed at 10:15 at night. Did they play well? No. Is that because they are no good or don't care? No. They will be ok. Everyone on that team knows they need to play better Sunday if they want to win. They will get back at it today and get ready for Wichita. I think the only thing that concerns me is Monk. He has to get it going. Even if his shot is not falling he has to start getting to the rim!!

Good points. Everyone is acting like NKU played so great and almost pulled off the upset of the century. UK was just lethargic and still won by 9. If they play 9 more times, UK wins each by double digits.