Kentucky 79 Northern Kentucky 70

16thBBall Fan

People are freaking out but I'm not. A win is a win. NKU should be a 15-seed but they are playing better than a 15-seed. The champions of the Horizon League are better than 15 seeds. Kentucky didn't play great but they won and that's really all that matters.

NKU should be proud of that team and their program. For no longer than they've been D1 and winning a league like the Horizon, going to the dance in their first year of eligibility is impressive. Not to mention how very well coached they are.

My disappointment in U.K. is the effort or seemingly little effort shown. Hopefully you're optimism proves true on Sunday. :thumb:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep telling yourself that.

Still waiting for you to tell me what all parts were better earlier this year? Their defense? Nope. Their rebounding? Nope. Bam? Nope. Fox jumper? Nope. Willis? Nope. Their half court offense? Nope. Their ball movement or passing on offense? Nope. Monk? Yes I'll give you that Monk was better and more confident than he is now.

The one thing they were better at earlier was how fast they got in transition. Which a lot of that has a lot to do with it being early in the year and teams not knowing how to adjust to that yet.

Put it this way Monk only scores his season average of 20 against UNC, then UK loses by 20 plus that day. So that's fine if you keep thinking they were better, and I'll keep waiting for you to tell me how and what all areas were they better at.

People are freaking out but I'm not. A win is a win. NKU should be a 15-seed but they are playing better than a 15-seed. The champions of the Horizon League are better than 15 seeds. Kentucky didn't play great but they won and that's really all that matters.

Exactly! They got the first one out of the way and that's all that matters.

UK will be fine. Wichita looked like the garbage they are against Dayton.

Hella (is that a word?) proud of the Norse. They fought, they hustled, they gave it all. There's no shame in losing to a more talented team. No one can say the Norse didn't show well and give their all. I think they gained a lot of respect in the Bluegrass tonight and they have nothing to hang their heads about.

One more time this year....#NorseUp

Still waiting for you to tell me what all parts were better earlier this year? Their defense? Nope. Their rebounding? Nope. Bam? Nope. Fox jumper? Nope. Willis? Nope. Their half court offense? Nope. Their ball movement or passing on offense? Nope. Monk? Yes I'll give you that Monk was better and more confident than he is now.

The one thing they were better at earlier was how fast they got in transition. Which a lot of that has a lot to do with it being early in the year and teams not knowing how to adjust to that yet.

Put it this way Monk only scores his season average of 20 against UNC, then UK loses by 20 plus that day. So that's fine if you keep thinking they were better, and I'll keep waiting for you to tell me how and what all areas were they better at.

I already told you offense, getting down the floor, hustle, effort.

I already told you offense, getting down the floor, hustle, effort.

Offense is not better. Their offense was beating teams down the court, or Monk not being able to miss. Once teams took that away we saw what happened. It was more it being the first month of the season and other teams transition defense being bad and not ready for the fast pace, than our offense being good.

Don't confuse fun style with effort. There was also no defense earlier in the year. The first month was more exciting to watch but was not the better basketball team.

Offense is not better. Their offense was beating teams down the court, or Monk not being able to miss. Once teams took that away we saw what happened. It was more it being the first month of the season and other teams transition defense being bad and not ready for the fast pace, than our offense being good.

Don't confuse fun style with effort. There was also no defense earlier in the year. The first month was more exciting to watch but was not the better basketball team.

As I stated last week, we'll just have to agree to disagree, regardless of which of us is correct ( and that's relative) I hope they play better moving forward, surely you can agree that they MUST do that! GO CATS

As I stated last week, we'll just have to agree to disagree, regardless of which of us is correct ( and that's relative) I hope they play better moving forward, surely you can agree that they MUST do that! GO CATS

You have a different opinion and that's fine. I'm just trying to get some clarification on what all was better at the beginning since you think that? Transition offense was basically the only thing they did better to start this year. Which had more to do with other teams transition defense not being good yet the first month of the season.

From individual players, to defense, rebounding, and half court offense this team is better now than they were to start the year. Put it this way if UK still played like they did at the start of the year, then they probably lose tonight.

Is it just me or has the officiating changed in the tourney versus the season? It appears to me that both sides got away with a lot and the same seems true in the other games.

Absolutely has changed. More hand checks and contact being allowed out front. More contact allowed everywhere actually ... except, if you contest a shot .... it is a foul; period; no contact needed; jump up with a shooter and it will be a foul.