Kentucky 79 Northern Kentucky 70

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest negative was Cal crying after the game about the late start and late finish time of game....nobody else mentioned the late issue just Cal.....great way to react to win and makes positive statement to his young team!!!! you have got to be kidding me!!! Cal the Great at his best.....what a joke!!

Biggest negative was Cal crying after the game about the late start and late finish time of game....nobody else mentioned the late issue just Cal.....great way to react to win and makes positive statement to his young team!!!! you have got to be kidding me!!! Cal the Great at his best.....what a joke!!
The only joke I see is the comment you just made.

I was and they are. Better defense, better half court offense. Only reason UK beat UNC is Monk scored 47 that day. Other than that the defense sucked that day, and no flow on offense.

You keep thinking they were better at the beginning of the year, and you will be wrong. This team is better in every area from the beginning of the year. Monk scored 47 points and it still took a last second shot to win that day. If Monk puts up 47 now on someone it wouldn't even be close no matter who they are playing.

Carolina would have beaten NKU by 25+.

Are you surprised?

Monk still plays his AAU style, and it has been problematic for last few weeks. He is in free-fall on draft boards.

He's missing shots and now everyone acts like he is just some overrated AAU player, but fail to realize that while missing his shots the past month or so he has stepped his game up defensively and isn't taking the bad shots he was at the beginning of the year. I don't want to hear the Malik Monk AAU crap. You know who else played AAU? Every single division 1 college basketball player.

It's no secret that when Drew McDonald was in high school and even his frosh year at NKU he wasn't in the best shape. Kudos to him for changing that this year. He played 36 minutes last night and was working HARD. I specifically watched him to see how he would do when UK got the board and took off. Drew SPRINTED and then had to bang down low with Bam and Humprhies. Kid worked his prodigious rear end off and I couldn't be happier for it as a NKU fan.

Yes, he struggled offensively but he's not scoring much against that front line down low.

His threat to shoot from the outside actually opened it up for Carson to put Willis under the basket for entry passes and easy looks.

36 minutes against that type of size and speed says a lot about #34.

If Carson can just add a couple of things to his offensive game he can be POY in the league. He already has a nice spin move that goes to the rim. If can use that same spin move in the lane and get a 10 to 12 footer he'll score more. If he can use the combo of broad shoulders and jumping ability along with a decent jump hook he'll score more.

Kid had a really strong first year.