Kentucky 79 Northern Kentucky 70

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Monk doesn't have the physical strength to be a good defender or rebounder? Have you even watched him play the past month. The dude has been going after it on the defensive side of the court and pulling down rebounds.

Yep, I've watched every game closely. Monk's effort and focus on defense has improved dramatically. So has Derek Willis. That doesn't make them good defensive players. I've said before that guys who score 47 one game and 7 the next are a recipe for disaster when it's tourney time.

Carson Williams grew up in the middle of that game. Start of the game he was hesitant about attacking and as the game went on he realized he could do all his stuff against these guys too. Keep working on the handle and the shot this off season and next year will be huge for Carson.

I want the kid on my team, any day of the week. I wish he was wearing UK blue, he goes 100 percent, all of the time. If he gets a jump shot, look out!

Yep, I've watched every game closely. Monk's effort and focus on defense has improved dramatically. So has Derek Willis. That doesn't make them good defensive players. I've said before that guys who score 47 one game and 7 the next are a recipe for disaster when it's tourney time.

7 the next? Monk has like 3 games all year in single figures.

I want the kid on my team, any day of the week. I wish he was wearing UK blue, he goes 100 percent, all of the time. If he gets a jump shot, look out!

I think Carson has a jump shot he just doesn't quite have that much confidence in it yet. He is an above average free throw shooter so the foundation is there, just needs to see it go in the basket from outside and I think he could be very, very good. I expected McDonald to come out and have the game where he acted like he was ticked off that UK didn't recruit him, but was pleasantly surprised to see that it was Carson who played like that.

Charles Barkley:

"Kentucky got 5 McDonald All-Americans and the Norse got 5 guys that eat at McDonald's."

....and yet those 5 guys eating at McDonalds are the type of guys that, if playing for UK, could find their jerseys hanging in Rupp someday.

....and yet those 5 guys eating at McDonalds are the type of guys that, if playing for UK, could find their jerseys hanging in Rupp someday.

If those 5 guys were playing at UK they would be in the CBI and Cal would be in the history books with Billy G. Everyone needs to slow their roll a little here.

UK knew they were going to win and came out lazy and uninspired and it showed. If you played sports you know how easy that is to do vs a team that you know you are much bette than. NKU is a solid team and has a great foundation for the future. Pretty cool to see them in the tournament.

Monk still plays his AAU style, and it has been problematic for last few weeks. He is in free-fall on draft boards.

This is completely inaccurate. He didnt play selfish at all last night and even passed up several shots.

He's just in a lil shooting slump, just happening at a bad time.