Inappropriate cheers from the Perry County Central/Pikeville basketball game

I do think that there are times when "game management" is viewed as "extra duty" and some just take their rotation and get it over with. There are probably other times that game management is intentionally oblivious to any potential issues.

Then reprimand the administrators.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racism and Xenophobia is alive and well in Eastern KY!!! Certainly not a shocker. And yes, very sad.

Not just there, obviously. But those of us from there, living there, or having previously lived there get painted with that brush.

I assume there would only be one administrator their correct if any? The other would have to be back at school right? Dealing with the kids there.

When the entire student body is at the state tournament, the teachers and administrators are there as well, and they should be. No point in all those people being back at the school teaching empty seats.

But to add a little humor to this, Pikeville taught us at Beechwood what we needed to do to be successful. Beechwood ended up getting some nice talent from outside Fort Mitchell, we put Mike Yeagle in charge, and the rest is history.

For awhile anyway :laugh::lol:

Mayfield and Graves Co, rivals that are both from the same community, have often, mainly in basketball, themed their games to hicks vs thugs. While not appropriate, it has gone on for a number of years with no one getting to bent out of shape. In todays world I guess we can soon see this end for fear of it hurting feelings but kids will be kids and they had to learn such from somewhere.