Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 76 Florida 66

Featured Replies

Coach White felt he got an unfriendly whistle today.

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Coach White felt he got an unfriendly whistle today.

 

I could see where he might feel that way. Fouls 22-13 FT's Gators 4-6 Cats 22-27. Florida had 2 FG's and 4 more 3's and lost by 10.

Coach White felt he got an unfriendly whistle today.

 

 

I feel every coach on the road in the SEC can say that every game

Coach White felt he got an unfriendly whistle today.

 

I didn't see his post game comments, but I would imagine he was unhappy with the foul total discrepency. But thats what happens when you shoot 30 threes. And thats not counting all the jumpers one foot inside the line they took too.

 

I thought Kentucky got the raw end of a few calls in the first half. 2nd half seemed better but maybe I missed what he is referring to.

Trying to figure out how one can lead a conference in scoring and be inconsistent...

Monk's best all-round game. Heck, he lead the Cats with 5 assist! Drove the ball to the basket, got fouled and hit em too. Even played defense.

Nailed it as always.
I must have overlooked your pick?
I must have overlooked your pick?

 

No I'm aware of it.

I said it after the UNC game. Monk reminds me of Kobe when he was young. High volume shooter who is going to keep shooting even when they are not falling. Then when he gets hot, he can make even contested shots. On top of that the ability to drive and great hops. His drive and lob to Bam in the second half looked like Kobe to Shaq back in the day.

 

I have been critical of Bams rebounding or lack thereof considering his size. The last few games he has been great and getting in great position to get those rebounds. I wonder if Orlando Ontangio (sp.) Has stopped by at all since he got fired?

 

 

He has.

Coach White felt he got an unfriendly whistle today.

 

Although the Gators beat UK soundly in Gainesville I felt the officials gave Florida huge no calls and a lot of breaks in the first half, enough to throw UK back on their heels and they never recovered. Basically gave up. So I suppose it the two teams are all square now.

He has.

 

I will say he may have had a hand in Bam play getting better then. I don't think it was a coincidence we had some of the top post players in the country each year he was here. Then the one guy he didn't have was Skal who underachieved and we didn't use probably right. Then same now with Bam who most of the year wasn't great but now starting to play much better. It could be a pure coincidence, but I think he definitely may have helped.

Trying to figure out how one can lead a conference in scoring and be inconsistent...

Monk can go super hot and super cold. He followed up his 47 point game against UNC with a 6-17, 16 point effort against UL. He followed up his 37 point UGA explosion with an 11 point clunker at Florida. That has been his m.o. going back to his pre-college days.

 

What was most encouraging about Monk's game on Saturday is how he got his points. He was active and driving the ball, which in turn got him to the FT line. Cal has been pleading for him to get to the FT line more. I am hoping it clicked. This opens up the entire offense and allows him to be productive when he is not on fire from deep. The UNC and UGA games were great, but if we are relying on Monk to knock down 7 or 8 threes to win a big game then UK is in trouble.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.