Reds Spring Training 2017

plantmanky

Where do you fly into when you go to Goodyear and what is distance to airport from the playing field? Is is a difficult drive,etc.?

I flew into Mesa on Allegiant but was staying with a friend in North Scottsdale. I'd guess you could be to Goodyear from Mesa in about half an hour. It is crazy how large Phoenix-Metro is, but it is incredibly easy to navigate. Cactus League is very convenient compared to the Grapefruit League when it comes to accessibility. Furthest drive you'd have, assuming you are reasonably located, is 45 minutes.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds playing split squad today. Adleman is getting racked by the Cubs, as they batted around in 1st inning. I know Maddon does weird stuff but according the MLB At Bat up date Rizzo led off for them today and Schwarber walks in 1st inning and is replaced by a pinch runner?

John Fay‏Verified account @Johnfayman

#reds cuts: C Brantly, INF Renda INF Iribarren, P Luetge, P Coleman to the minor leagues; P Romano, P Adleman optioned to the minors

That leaves Stephenson, Reed, Garrett, Davis, Arroyo competing for last three spots in the rotation. #reds

Arroyo and Reed have to be locks at this point.

My guess would be Stephenson fills the last spot.