NKBBCA Award Winners Announced

Sounds like a case of trying to showcase other good players in the region at the expense of the HM prospect. Perhaps the coaches felt like voting CJ down on the basis of his time missed might result in exposure for other players? If that is the case then that logic is extremely flawed.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the whole scheme of things, it doesn't matter. I get that it does to the kids and programs and would be opinionated if I had skin in he game , I don't. The NKBBCA can pick whom they want and it is legit for their rules and voting procedures. Sometimes people think AP is a joke, Cantrell isa joke, Litkenhouse is a joke and BGP rankings are a joke.

It's generally in the eye of the beholder and who you root for.

CVH is a senior as well as McNeil has a state championship and a final 4 and Is up for Mr Basketball . Sean is great I have watched him play since 6th grade . But CVH didnt miss one game all year . So Coopers best player misses half the season and gets player of the year and Cov Cath best player finishes eighth inviting a day after one of the biggest college basketball schools in country offered the kid on the spot by their head coach . I'm with GURU ! Smells fishy ! If the coaches would of done this to Sean or Adam everyone would be saying same thing .

How is the voting done? Is it a coach votes for 1, 2, 3 , 4, or 5 players? I could see it mathematically working out, if you only could vote for a couple players.

What would be the problem with a coach voting:

1) Mcneil

2) CVH

3) Kunkel

4) Ohmer

5) Fredrick

or

1) CVH

2) Mcneil

3) Fredrick

4) Kunkel

5) Ohmer

or

1) Fredrick

2) Mcneil

3) CVH

4) Hendrix

5) Ohmer

or

1) CVH

2) Kunkel

3) Ohmer

4) Henrix

5) Heygi

or

1) Ohmer

2) CVH

3) Meyer

4) Kunkel

5) Bertsch

Some coaches could have left both Mcneil and Fredrick off their ballot because of missed games.

Cooper and CCH are the only two schools to have three players listed.

You are making a case for collusion here because the two key players ended up at 1 and 8, just saying.

The ballots I made up could be legitamate ones and each be a legitamate opinion of a head coach. None of the ones I listed are crazy or garbage.

Based on the hypothetical ballots I submitted, the order looks like this

1) CVH

2) Mcneil

3) Ohmer

4) Kunkel

5) Fredrick

6) Hendrix

7) Meyer

8) Heygi

9) Bertsch

Who says that CCH even voted for Fredrick at all? Maybe coach felt like he missed to many games and omitted him from his ballot all together.

Just thought that I'd add that as far back as McNeil has played for Cooper, Clyde has always been a big fan of him.

I think many of us who enjoy watching HS basketball and seeing kids who do many things well and not just one thing are big fans. The kid has earned the respect from many.

In the whole scheme of things, it doesn't matter. I get that it does to the kids and programs and would be opinionated if I had skin in he game , I don't. The NKBBCA can pick whom they want and it is legit for their rules and voting procedures. Sometimes people think AP is a joke, Cantrell isa joke, Litkenhouse is a joke and BGP rankings are a joke.

It's generally in the eye of the beholder and who you root for.

What color is the sky in your world?

You sound like a Public School Administrator defending a bunch of unethical Public School Coaches.

CVH is a senior as well as McNeil has a state championship and a final 4 and Is up for Mr Basketball . Sean is great I have watched him play since 6th grade . But CVH didnt miss one game all year . So Coopers best player misses half the season and gets player of the year and Cov Cath best player finishes eighth inviting a day after one of the biggest college basketball schools in country offered the kid on the spot by their head coach . I'm with GURU ! Smells fishy ! If the coaches would of done this to Sean or Adam everyone would be saying same thing .

Right, if it happened to any kids from a Public School there would be a huge outcry.

What color is the sky in your world?

You sound like a Public School Administrator defending a bunch of unethical Public School Coaches.

But it's true. All rankings are biased. Someone always thinks they are a joke. Just not that big a deal to me and never was. I get some people not liking it, though.

But it's true. All rankings are biased. Someone always thinks they are a joke. Just not that big a deal to me and never was. I get some people not liking it, though.

There is a big difference in a player or a team being a position or two off in a set of rankings and a player that is CLEARLY in the top 3, if not number one, being ranked 8th.

If you can't see that difference we can just agree to disagree.

I have no horse in this race, but at the end of the day, the division coaches rank the players on the ballot 1-12 using the point system. Many things are considered by the coaches I would think including how well they performed against that coach, each kids attitude(not saying anyone's is bad, as I don't know the kid), leadership etc., but it's not always most talent, but a combination of things on the court. The "player of the year" does not always equate to "most talented player". Furthermore, it only takes one coach to rank a kid low on the scale and that may impact where he ends up total vote wise. And as far as the comment that the NKBBCA is a joke, lets remember that these coaches give a lot of time, effort and scholarships to these kids, so I have to disagree that it is a "joke" Sounds sour grapes to me