Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your First UK Game?

Featured Replies

January 1977. Tennessee, with Ernie and Bernie, beat the Cats in Overtime. :puke:

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never been

UK/Arkansas at Rupp Arena in February of 1992. My good friend Leman Boyd took me. Arkansas won 85-68. I cheered for Arkansas the whole game. When leaving an old man began yelling at me to get the hell out of Rupp Arena. I then started yelling back at him to look at the scoreboard as I walked out of Rupp Arena. Such a great day!!! Todd Day, Lee Mayberry and Oliver Miller dominated.

Vs. Notre Dame in the 2001-2002 season. ND had a stud PG at the time but dont remember his name.

 

We got the tickets through some program when they hooked up HS teams.

 

I think I have only been to six games total. 5 at Rupp and one at what UL's was called before Yum (I think they played Baylor).

Vs. Notre Dame in the 2001-2002 season. ND had a stud PG at the time but dont remember his name.

 

We got the tickets through some program when they hooked up HS teams.

 

I think I have only been to six games total. 5 at Rupp and one at what UL's was called before Yum (I think they played Baylor).

 

World Famous Freedom Hall!

The LaSalle at Rupp in 1978.

Versus Notre Dame in Freedom Hall in the 60s. These teams played over Christmas there annually. It was supposed to be a neutral site but UK always had the crowd and always won, it seems like. One game, if I recall correctly, Dwight Anderson for UK went crazy. The Irish had some good players - Austin Carr, Adrian Dantley, John Shumate, et al. - in this series but UK won the great majority of the time. Quite a festive atmosphere.....pretty good contingent of Irish fans in Louisville.

Versus Notre Dame in Freedom Hall in the 60s. These teams played over Christmas there annually. It was supposed to be a neutral site but UK always had the crowd and always won, it seems like. One game, if I recall correctly, Dwight Anderson for UK went crazy. The Irish had some good players - Austin Carr, Adrian Dantley, John Shumate, et al. - in this series but UK won the great majority of the time. Quite a festive atmosphere.....pretty good contingent of Irish fans in Louisville.

 

Digger did less with more talent than just about any coach around.

Read my post, and then read yours...

What am i missing? Kentucky finished 14-14 so they werent in the top anything...

Dont know where LSU finished in the rankings, but losing to unranked UK probably didnt help

Not sure of the first game but it was the 1971-72 season in Memorial. Rupp coached his last year at UK then. The next year was when Coach Hall took over. I was a student at Morehead, but I did get to attend a few home games that season and been attending games ever since.

Not sure of the first game but it was the 1971-72 season in Memorial. Rupp coached his last year at UK then. The next year was when Coach Hall took over. I was a student at Morehead, but I did get to attend a few home games that season and been attending games ever since.

 

Jim Andrews. Nice guy.

95-96 season, UK pounded some team. I'm thinking it was UNC something or another. Walter McCarty threw one down with the pass coming off the backboard in transition. I think the Cats won by 50ish.

Jim Andrews. Nice guy.

 

Very nice guy and great friends of ours.

Took my five year old son to his first game today. Big screen, music, fans, game - he loved it all. Said as we were leaving, "Daddy, I want to come back!"

 

Side note: early afternoon games the day before Thanksgiving are so perfect for people with young kids. I hope they continue with it for years.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.