Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your First UK Game?

Featured Replies

  • Author
They may have been. Not really sure. Their coach had Transy ties, but I can't remember his name right now.

 

 

Lee Rose

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first game was February 1967 in Memorial. The year after Rupp's Runts. They beat LSU 104-74, but had a really bad year for a UK team. They still had Dampier, Riley, and Jaracz but the loss of Conley and Kron was huge.

After watching games only in high school gyms I was blown away by the size of Memorial Coliseum.

Pretty sure mine was the Tayshaun Prince UNC game...

My first time to see them was when I lived in Indiana. I took my father in law to see them play Notre Dame in South Bend, it was Antoine Walkers Freshman year. We stood in line with one of his high school coaches waiting on the doors to open.

 

Cats won easily, team was a year away from winning the title.

Pretty sure mine was the Tayshaun Prince UNC game...

 

I was there for that one, probably the most exciting start to a UK game I've ever seen. When he pulled up just after crossing half court I cringed then damn near fell out of my seat in laughter when the ball passed through the net. To this day, I've never seen anything like that.

 

As far as my first game goes, I'll have to look through some ticket stubs to figure it out, but it was late in the 2000 season or the beginning of the 2001 season.

Did have the opportunity to see Tony Yates trying to ruin the game of basketball. One of the first times I had a chance to see them with decent seats.

Feb. 1990...Pitino's first year

 

LSU came in ranked #8...had Chris Jackson, Stanley Roberts, and Shaq...

 

Cats got the upset in a crazy Rupp Arena atmosphere...unforgettable

My first UK game my seats where top row till halftime. Then I found some seats 8th row.

My first UK my seats where top row till halftime. Then I found some seats 8th row.

 

What game was it?

Back when Tubby coached.

 

Unsurprisingly, I know nothing more than I did when I asked the question. Must have been a long game.

Unsurprisingly, I know nothing more than I did when I asked the question. Must have been a long game.

 

Tubby against is son Saul. Saul coached at some small school.

Took my wife to Cleveland to watch them against ND in the Elite 8 two years ago. I wore my ND shirt.

 

Last year we were given the Presidents seats by a friend to a game at Rupp, I think against Vandy. I wore nondescript black ;)

Feb. 1990...Pitino's first year

 

LSU came in ranked #8...had Chris Jackson, Stanley Roberts, and Shaq...

 

Cats got the upset in a crazy Rupp Arena atmosphere...unforgettable

Kentucky didn't even finish in the Top 25 that season, you sure it was an upset?
Wasn't Purdue coming off of a F4?

 

They went to the Final Four that year. I'm sure he was referencing the 1980 season.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.