Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Your First UK Game?

Featured Replies

Friend is taking his son to his first UK game.

 

Remember yours?

  • Replies 49
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a while ago. Don't remember when. Other that bad seats nothing stands out. I have seen the Cats play in several regionals, a few of the Indy series and 2 final fours.

1999 NCAA tournament regional semis and finals

Mine was quite a while ago. Tonight is my first one with the new audio and video displays. Looks sharp, i feel like Rupp looks way better.

1980 UKIT. Kentucky beat California the 1st night, and then beat the Joe Barry Carroll led Purdue Boilermakers in the championship game. This was Bowie's freshman year.

December 30, 1967. Freedom Hall. UK 81 Notre Dame 73.

Rip breaks record for most wins. Mike Casey scores 27 points.

I was 8 years old.

New Years eve...1968

Kentucky vs. Wisconsin at Chicago Stadium.

One of the coldest nights that I remember in Chicago. I believe UK was undefeated and ranked 1. Wisconsin took a big early lead and held on to upset Issel and Co. 69-65.

I was heartbroken.

It was an Auburn game in the early 80's. Kentucky won easily is all I remember. I don't even remember who was on the team. I am not a huge fan though. I like them but also like X and UC the same

  • Author
1980 UKIT. Kentucky beat California the 1st night, and then beat the Joe Barry Carroll led Purdue Boilermakers in the championship game. This was Bowie's freshman year.

 

Wasn't Purdue coming off of a F4?

Wasn't Purdue coming off of a F4?

 

 

They may have been. Not really sure. Their coach had Transy ties, but I can't remember his name right now.

Couldn't say; sometime in the mid 80's if I had to guess.

 

A huge criteria whenever we are selling or giving away our tickets is whether we can send a kid to Rupp for the first time. I'm proud to say that 3 kids so far this season have or will experience their first UK basketball game.

They may have been. Not really sure. Their coach had Transy ties, but I can't remember his name right now.

 

Just thought of it. Lee Rose.

Took my son to Indy to watch the Cats take on EKU in the 2005 NCAA tournament. Great experience!

Couldn't say; sometime in the mid 80's if I had to guess.

 

A huge criteria whenever we are selling or giving away our tickets is whether we can send a kid to Rupp for the first time. I'm proud to say that 3 kids so far this season have or will experience their first UK basketball game.

 

That's awesome. I wished I lived closer to take mine but hard with my job to do it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.