PJ Washington commits to Kentucky

EZ Living

Five-star power forward PJ Washington announced his commitment to the Wildcats on Thursday evening, revealing his choice during ESPNU’s signing day special. Earlier in the day, five-star center Nick Richards became UK’s first commitment for 2017.

Washington — a 6-foot-8, 235-pound power forward — recently narrowed his list to UK, North Carolina and UNLV, but the Wildcats had been considered the heavy favorite for the past few weeks.

Scout.com ranks him as the No. 14 player in the 2017 class.

Read more here: Top basketball recruits PJ Washington, Nick Richards commit to UK | Lexington Herald-Leader

Has UK really had a "Face up 4" that actually deserved to have Power in his position description?

Towns could play inside and out.

Look, the game has changed drastically and true power forwards are becoming obsolete because at the elite level they can't guard a guy like PJ Washington. The guys with elite size are now playing with elite skill as well, and you better be a monster if you are anchored to the block. The game is changing, and fast...

Towns could play inside and out.

Look, the game has changed drastically and true power forwards are becoming obsolete because at the elite level they can't guard a guy like PJ Washington. The guys with elite size are now playing with elite skill as well, and you better be a monster if you are anchored to the block. The game is changing, and fast...

Yeah Towns could...I agree about the game changing, it's just nice to think about having a 4 that can bang a little and step out and hit a shot as well.

Yeah Towns could...I agree about the game changing, it's just nice to think about having a 4 that can bang a little and step out and hit a shot as well.

Like Towns, he has the body of a more traditional 4, but the game of the hybrid guys that are surging. He just jumped out to me every time I saw him play. All the skills and production I look for in a prospect...

Like Towns, he has the body of a more traditional 4, but the game of the hybrid guys that are surging. He just jumped out to me every time I saw him play. All the skills and production I look for in a prospect...

Great to hear this. From what I have seen, I really like this kid.