November 10, 20169 yr Five-star power forward PJ Washington announced his commitment to the Wildcats on Thursday evening, revealing his choice during ESPNU’s signing day special. Earlier in the day, five-star center Nick Richards became UK’s first commitment for 2017. Washington — a 6-foot-8, 235-pound power forward — recently narrowed his list to UK, North Carolina and UNLV, but the Wildcats had been considered the heavy favorite for the past few weeks. Scout.com ranks him as the No. 14 player in the 2017 class. Read more here: Top basketball recruits PJ Washington, Nick Richards commit to UK | Lexington Herald-Leader
November 11, 20169 yr One of my favorite players in the class. Scoring threat inside and out, deep range and plays with great effort. Perfect face up 4 in today's game...
November 11, 20169 yr Has UK really had a "Face up 4" that actually deserved to have Power in his position description?
November 11, 20169 yr Has UK really had a "Face up 4" that actually deserved to have Power in his position description? Towns could play inside and out. Look, the game has changed drastically and true power forwards are becoming obsolete because at the elite level they can't guard a guy like PJ Washington. The guys with elite size are now playing with elite skill as well, and you better be a monster if you are anchored to the block. The game is changing, and fast...
November 11, 20169 yr Towns could play inside and out. Look, the game has changed drastically and true power forwards are becoming obsolete because at the elite level they can't guard a guy like PJ Washington. The guys with elite size are now playing with elite skill as well, and you better be a monster if you are anchored to the block. The game is changing, and fast... Yeah Towns could...I agree about the game changing, it's just nice to think about having a 4 that can bang a little and step out and hit a shot as well.
November 11, 20169 yr Yeah Towns could...I agree about the game changing, it's just nice to think about having a 4 that can bang a little and step out and hit a shot as well. Like Towns, he has the body of a more traditional 4, but the game of the hybrid guys that are surging. He just jumped out to me every time I saw him play. All the skills and production I look for in a prospect...
November 11, 20169 yr Like Towns, he has the body of a more traditional 4, but the game of the hybrid guys that are surging. He just jumped out to me every time I saw him play. All the skills and production I look for in a prospect... Thanks, good to hear.
November 11, 20169 yr Has UK really had a "Face up 4" that actually deserved to have Power in his position description? Trey Lyles should have been this type 4 man if his frontcourt teammates hadn't been who they were.
November 11, 20169 yr Trey Lyles should have been this type 4 man if his frontcourt teammates hadn't been who they were. True
November 11, 20169 yr Like Towns, he has the body of a more traditional 4, but the game of the hybrid guys that are surging. He just jumped out to me every time I saw him play. All the skills and production I look for in a prospect... Great to hear this. From what I have seen, I really like this kid.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.