Covington Catholic 8 Ryle 6 (Frosh)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last time Cov Cath freshman football went undefeated was 2003, and 3 years later those freshman won the 3A state championship as seniors. The last undefeated freshman team at Cov Cath prior to that was in 1994, a group who won the 3A state championship 3 years later as seniors.

Quite a precedent right there.

Cov Cath has something like 4 straight undefeated freshman teams in the early 2000s. A great job by this years freshman Colonels though!

Has England played at all this season?

Tried to come back. Probably played 20 plays. Ankle just wouldnt hold up even with a brace and tape. He'll be back next year healthy and ready for some varsity action with Chisolm. Not a bad back to learn from! Different team with him and Cusick on the field. Just didn't work out like we planned.

Tried to come back. Probably played 20 plays. Ankle just wouldnt hold up even with a brace and tape. He'll be back next year healthy and ready for some varsity action with Chisolm. Not a bad back to learn from! Different team with him and Cusick on the field. Just didn't work out like we planned.

Playing basketball?

Well I guess I muffed that punt...

I think you are pretty accurate. As mentioned above, besides 03, I think the 2002 team may have been undefeated with Sean McGee, Joe Smith etc, but other than that none of those teams went undefeated nor were close.Typically their good freshman classes have always boded well for Varsity play.

2016 season results:

9/01/16 Dixie Heights (A) Win 27-0

9/07/16 Cooper (H) Win 33-0

9/14/16 Campbell County (A) Win 38-20

9/22/16 Simon Kenton (A) Win 31-14

9/28/16 Highlands (H) Win 20-19

10/06/16 Beechwood (A) Win 28-13

10/13/16 Conner (A) Win 44-16

10/19/16 Boone County (H) Win 34-0

10/26/16 Ryle (H) Win 8-6