Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brewers @ Reds 9/12 - 9/14

Featured Replies

Finnegan since the AS break

 

11 starts

5-3

2.98 ERA

1.232 WHIP

63 IP

67 K

28 BB

 

 

SO per 9 improved from 6.5 in the first half to 9.5 in these last 11.

 

SO/W went from 1.38 to 2.39

 

 

Also they play the Brewers to start the week, which no one cares about. I just wanted to post the Finnegan stats.

Looks like they're skipping DeSclafani's start....Anyone know why?

  • Author
Looks like they're skipping DeSclafani's start....Anyone know why?

 

I thought it was just pushing him back a day?

I thought it was just pushing him back a day?

 

I looked on mlb.com and they have Straily slated to go tomorrow. They could be wrong though.

  • Author
I looked on mlb.com and they have Straily slated to go tomorrow. They could be wrong though.

 

Zach Buchanan ‏@ZachENQ

 

Keyvius Sampson will start tomorrow. Disco pushed back a day

 

Price said team may call up a couple more pitchers now that Pensacola is done

3.5 GB the Brew Crew for the NL Central Cellar. 6 games with them, 6 games w/ the Cubs (although season ending series could be just a few ABs for regulars and a few IP for starters getting lined up for the playoffs since they will have home field locked up), 4 v. PIT & 4 @ STL.

 

It'd be nice to see them finish strong going into the offseason.

3.5 GB the Brew Crew for the NL Central Cellar. 6 games with them, 6 games w/ the Cubs (although season ending series could be just a few ABs for regulars and a few IP for starters getting lined up for the playoffs since they will have home field locked up), 4 v. PIT & 4 @ STL.

 

It'd be nice to see them finish strong going into the offseason.

 

I have the exact opposite hopes. The season is over. I'm hoping they win enough to miss out on 100 losses and lose the rest. All about getting the better draft pick for me.

  • Author
I have the exact opposite hopes. The season is over. I'm hoping they win enough to miss out on 100 losses and lose the rest. All about getting the better draft pick for me.

 

Yeah it would be nice to see them get swept here this series.

  • Author

Reds calling up Abel De Los Santos and Matt Magill, Alfredo Simon on 6,000 day DL

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I maybe have fudged the numbers on the end of that.

Why are they starting Sampson. He is not a future starter. Why did they not bring up Garrett?

Why are they starting Sampson. He is not a future starter. Why did they not bring up Garrett?

 

I believe @UKMustangFan has answered that before for you. He is pretty much at his innings limit for the year.

Why are they starting Sampson. He is not a future starter. Why did they not bring up Garrett?

 

The answer is the same no matter how many times you ask about it. :lol2:

I wonder if the Lorenzen / Iglesias "long closer" system would be sustainable in a competitive environment? Advantage is that you can cover 3 innings with 2 guys since you don't have a 3rd reliable arm to implement the Nasty Boys / KC Royals model. Disadvantage is the guy who pitches 2 IP is unavailable the next day.

 

I think both have excelled in the role and with all the contenders you have for rotation spots, why mess with these 2 that seemed to have figured it out and stayed healthy in those roles?

 

A traditionalist would probably convert 1 to a closer, 1 to a set up man and toss in Cingrani as a fastball throwing specialist LHP that you can run out there in a scenario where a BB or 2 doesn't kill you and use a quick hook. (Alternatively, you can demand that he learn and use other pitches and throw strikes and tell him he's in AAA / long relief until he can consistently and reliably do both.)

 

A few good off season moves, a healthy squad and some continuing progress by players and this team could enter 2017 as a wild card contender. Currently, just a few games above .500 is "in the hunt" in both leagues. I don't think they will be ready to compete with the top level clubs, but "in the hunt" would be nice and if you get in, anything can happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.