Brewers @ Reds 9/12 - 9/14

HammerTime

Why are they starting Sampson. He is not a future starter. Why did they not bring up Garrett?

Sampson has made it known to the Reds that he would like to be a starter, so they are giving him the opportunity to show that he can be. Sounds to me like he doesn't want to be in the bullpen long term and if he can't start here he would like to be traded.

Sampson has made it known to the Reds that he would like to be a starter, so they are giving him the opportunity to show that he can be. Sounds to me like he doesn't want to be in the bullpen long term and if he can't start here he would like to be traded.

With all these young starters, Sampson will not get a chance with the Reds as a starter. Bailey, Strailey, Disco and Finnigen has four spots locked up. He has pitched well though.

and people in hell want ice water. Put up some stats or shut your mouth and pitch when skip tells you to.

I have the exact opposite hopes. The season is over. I'm hoping they win enough to miss out on 100 losses and lose the rest. All about getting the better draft pick for me.

Yeah it would be nice to see them get swept here this series.

I took the "under" for the total # of wins this season, so count me in! If the Reds play .500 or worse from here on out I should win the bet.

Since the All-Star break, only 13 players in the majors have struck out a lower rate than Joey Votto. Thought that may be a valuable stat for a certain poster....

This tweet was from early August, but it still seems relevant....

Jeff Sullivan @ based_ball

I love that point in the year where God decides he wants to play some baseball without anyone noticing and assumes the form of Joey Votto

12:53 PM - 4 Aug 2016