Saturday Severe Weather Outlook

nWo

Parts of Kentucky look to be in a Slight Risk Area for strong to severe storms Saturday afternoon into the early evening hours. Damaging winds, hail look to be the main threats. A tornado or two can't be completely ruled out.

I'll update later this afternoon.

KY_swody2.png

The line of possible strong to severe storms look to enter WKY around 4 pm EDT then start to enter the rest of Kentucky about 5 pm EDT. The best time slot for now is between 5-8 pm for the strongest of these storms. I'll update in the morning.

5 pm EDT

refcmp.us_ov5.png

8 pm EDT

refcmp.us_ov8.png

The tornado threat has grown some also.

stp.us_ov.png

Saturday morning update.

Parts of Kentucky mainly west of I-65 could see some showers and storms this morning. None of these look to be severe. Some of these showers and possible thunderstorms could produce some heavy downpours. These look to die down around noon or so. There seems to be a break until around 2 pm EDT for WKY then the storms start to fire again.

Around 4 pm EDT the line of strong to severe storms looks like it will start up. This line stretches from NKY back southwest ward to the Tennessee boarder. This line of possible storms should clear out by early Sunday morning. Behind these storms much cooler temps could come in. Some will see low temps in the mid 50s Sunday morning.

The tornado threat has decreased some since yesterday but it is still there. The threat area is basically east of I-65 and south of I-64.

KY_swody1.png

4 pm EDT simulated HRRR radar

refcmp.us_ov 4.png

5 pm EDT simulated NAM radar

refcmp.us_ov.png

Edited by nWo