Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Russell Predictions

Featured Replies

I agree with you Jeepster, the BC game probably means more this year to some of the players than it might normally but the Ashland game means more to the team and coaches year in and year out than either Boyd or Greenup...Heck, it's the only game of the 3 that's always competitive...It's not a shock or possibly embarrassing if we lose to Ashland but it is if we lose to Boyd or Greenup...Please don't bombard me Boyd and Greenup fans...I'm only stating the obvious based on our head to head records over the past 20-30 years...For whatever reasons, Russell has enjoyed sustained success against those 2 programs while maintaining an interesting and healthy rivaly with Ashland...We expect to win when we play Boyd & Greenup...We expect a real dogfight (catfight) when we play Ashland...

 

And so does the kids ,I dont think Russell was prepared for BC they over looked them.

  • Replies 318
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's probably the only thing that comes up about last year... well that and Bracken Co.:D

 

Talk about schedules,Then talk about Russell schedule.Other than Ashland who do they play?

I'm very busy these days. I was gone basically all day and night yesterday watching Arliss in Cincy. We cant really say anything that hasnt already been said about this game and rivalry. I just want to play the game.

 

Ahh GIAT this game will be a dandy. I cant wait myself. A great Rivalry. And with both teams out to prove somthing. Russell- that they can and plan to repeat as 2A State Champs. Ashland- that one, their not as bad as what everyone is giving them credit for, and two, they aim to do some business themselves. Im a firm believer that we could rant and boast until the cows come home, but this game is one thats not easily predicted, ANYTIME. This is a game thats played with heart and emotion. The team that wants it more will win, and theres no way to know who that is until late Friday night.

 

Awaiting the Devils arrival to Putnam,

Yoter

I guarantee he bleeds Orange & (Black).and we are glad that he does. He has to have a little maroon tint though, it just wouldn't be right if he did not.

 

 

You can have him.....:D :D :D He's a madman on the sidelines anyway.:D :D

Does the players in 4A usually win Mr. Football? Russell has a decent schedule but not a really hard one. This may hurt Clark when it all comes down to it. I enjoy watching this kid and hope him the best but in my opionon there has to be better football players out there.

 

 

There aren't too many, if any, better football players. There may be better college prospects but not many, if any, better all-around football players.

My bad Ms. Basketball. I think she could have played for some mens teams. I don't think class matters. Ft Campbell was 2A? Hopkinsville 3A? I think that maybe only 3 of the last 15 came from 4A schools. Brohm, Bush, & Alexander.

 

 

There were more than that. I'll check and get back to you.

Are you serious? Do you really think there are those who “doubt” he is the premiere back in this region and arguably the whole state? Everything I read pertinent to Kentucky high school football has nothing but lavish accolades for Clark. Perhaps last year as the heir apparent to Josh Gross people were skeptical….but now?? C’mon.

:thumb: :thumb: I agree, Clark IS the premier back cetainly in this part of the state and quite possibly state wide.

You can have him.....:D :D :D He's a madman on the sidelines anyway.:D :D

We will sure take him!! That is why we like him so much, he fits right in!!!:lol:

Talk about schedules,Then talk about Russell schedule.Other than Ashland who do they play?

 

 

 

I'll agree that Russell plays a weaker schedule. What I was jokingly referring to was that Boyd had little to talk about last year.

There were more than that. I'll check and get back to you.

I did miss Montrell Jones. Here is the list:

 

2005 Micah Johnson Ft. Campbell

2004 Curtis Pulley Hopkinsville

2003 Brian Brohm Trinity

2002 Michael Bush Male

2001 Jeff Duggins Boyle Co

2000 Montrell Jones Male

1999 Travis Atwell Hancock Co

1998 Jared Lorensen Highlands

1997 Dennis Johnson Harrodsburg

1996 Derek Homer Ft. Knox

1995 Tim Couch Leslie Co

1994 Shaun Alexander Boone Co

1993 Jeremy Simpson Lincoln Co

1992 Bill Jack Haskins Paducah Tilghman

1991 Scott Russell Evarts

1990 Damon Hood Warren Central

1989 Pookie Jones Calloway Co

1988 Jeff Brohm Trinity

1987 Kurt Barber Paducah Tilghman

1986 Frank Jacobs Newport Catholic

Didn't Aaron McGlone win Mr. Baseball when at Greenup? I apologize for being off the subject. Ashland and Russell will be interesting and Clark is a tough runner. Ashland will have to play better than they have in the first two weeks which they probably will. All I can say is Lord willing I will be in attendance. It will be worth the price of admission.

Talk about schedules,Then talk about Russell schedule.Other than Ashland who do they play?

 

 

Ok Tiny, So if your were the Russell AD, who would you play to make your schedule tougher? Russell is a 2A program and plays the the 3 "bigger" schools in the area to try and prepare for a play-off run. Then the other 7 games are district opponents that they are required to play.

Having not seen the Clark boy play, I'm looking forward to seeing him play. I suspect, though, that Ashland will somehow pull this one out if they can avoid the costly turnover.

Didn't Aaron McGlone win Mr. Baseball when at Greenup? I apologize for being off the subject. Ashland and Russell will be interesting and Clark is a tough runner. Ashland will have to play better than they have in the first two weeks which they probably will. All I can say is Lord willing I will be in attendance. It will be worth the price of admission.

 

If Russell doesn't get complacent from last years results they have a good chance at a very successful season but several teams on their schedule has a chance at knocking of the Red Devils, look at Boyd Co. from last year. However, I do believe if Ashland plays better than last week, then they have a decent chance of winning this game.

I think that they will get better. I think that an extra week of practice with some questions answered will help. If Mahan improves and McDavid plays with confidence (forget about the drops) it will be interesting. I think the key to playing against this Russell group revolves around being discipline on defense. By that I mean using your keys and making good reads and not overcomitting to the misdirection. If they can do those things initially and make sure tackles at the end it will be tight. These things need to be done week in and week out but this Russell team has the ability to make you pay for mistakes. Can't wait til Friday.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.