Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Russell Predictions

Featured Replies

Tomcats did a good job on capitalizing on turnovers,Belfry didnt look like the Belfry of old. Russell has too strong of a defense:fight: to let Ashland capitalize on offense to many times.GOOD LUCK TO BOTH. :thumb:

 

I think your totally wrong there, When playoff time comes you will be hoping Belfry isn't the Belfry of old, but let me tell you this team will suprise you, I hope Russell keeps on letting thier heads grow, because one day that bubble will burst. Ashland is no cupcake win and everyone knows that, Belfry went toe to toe with them and came up 1 point short, People act like the Pirates were demolished. Belfry's qb is just a soph and will be fine by mid-season. I know Russell has a fine team, but so do the Pirates, so I wouldnt be buying my tickets to Louisville anytime soon.

  • Replies 318
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think your totally wrong there, When playoff time comes you will be hoping Belfry isn't the Belfry of old, but let me tell you this team will suprise you, I hope Russell keeps on letting thier heads grow, because one day that bubble will burst. Ashland is no cupcake win and everyone knows that, Belfry went toe to toe with them and came up 1 point short, People act like the Pirates were demolished. Belfry's qb is just a soph and will be fine by mid-season. I know Russell has a fine team, but so do the Pirates, so I wouldnt be buying my tickets to Louisville anytime soon.

 

 

It really doesn't matter if the fan's heads get big, only the players. And this class of seniors are not like that. They know what it takes to get to state and they know what will derail their train. I don't care what the fans say, just as long as the players stay focused and keep their heads within hat size. The coaches won't let that happen. They are well aware of the community's growing hat size and they will adjust the boys accordingly. The boys know Befry will be OLE' Belfry come playoff time. They know Haywood will turn his boys into a great F-ball team. They know this well, whether the fans do or not...I don't care, just as long as the team knows. And they do. It's a long season and seemimgly even longer post-season, I won't be buying my ticket until we make. You still have to line up and play.:devil: :devil:

Russell is a clear favorite in this one ....no doubt. Having said that I say the "ghost" of Putnam :scared: file out of the walls of the stadium and suit up for the Tomcats.:eek: / Ashland- 22, Russell - 20 .

Where were the ghosts on the 18th?? ;) I say they stay away for another week...Those ghosts haven't been able to scare up much against Russell recently...The Devils kinda like playing in Putnam...It's like a second home...:D

I think your totally wrong there, When playoff time comes you will be hoping Belfry isn't the Belfry of old, but let me tell you this team will suprise you, I hope Russell keeps on letting thier heads grow, because one day that bubble will burst. Ashland is no cupcake win and everyone knows that, Belfry went toe to toe with them and came up 1 point short, People act like the Pirates were demolished. Belfry's qb is just a soph and will be fine by mid-season. I know Russell has a fine team, but so do the Pirates, so I wouldnt be buying my tickets to Louisville anytime soon.

I don't believe this Belfry team has the playmakers of the recent past. There is no Jones, Howard or Maynard. May is a big bruising FB and a wonderful football player. But IMO the pirates just don't have the difference maker they have had the last 3 years.

Not trash talking at all FBALL, just trying to make the case that Ashland really didn't play that well last year. An for Russell to beat them by 8 points wasn't a very dominating win for the eventual State Champs

I think it is nessessary to point out what a strong team Russell had last year, so to me 8 points was not very dominating. Thats all I was saying.

 

 

GOOD DAY!:D

 

p.s. take it easy on those little flag football players.:D

I think those little flag football players need to take it easy on me.

I don't believe this Belfry team has the playmakers of the recent past. There is no Jones, Howard or Maynard. May is a big bruising FB and a wonderful football player. But IMO the pirates just don't have the difference maker they have had the last 3 years.

 

Perople thought Belfry didn't have a playmaker last year after we lost Jones and Howard and look were we ended up, I think you will be surprised FBALL by how strong the Pirates will be by years end.

Perople thought Belfry didn't have a playmaker last year after we lost Jones and Howard and look were we ended up, I think you will be surprised FBALL by how strong the Pirates will be by years end.

I knew Maynard was a big time player. Even when he had to wait behind Jones and Howard to get his chance. I haven't seen anybody like those three to carry the load for Belfry this year. Just my opinion. Hope to see Russell and Belfry meet in the playoffs again this year.:thumb:

How has practice gone this week for the Mighty Devils?? Have the boys been working hard??

 

I look for Kasey Clark to showup big in this game and to prove to everyone who doubts him as a premiere back and he will show the state that he is a legit and probabl winner for Mr. Football

Jacob Sizemore, Tyler Jones and Kasey Clark...............Nuff said.

 

Hey Midee... Don't forget Nick Lewis (after all he did have 9 tackles against a pretty good O.Cath group of receivers. Besides Jones is a D. End and won't be sent into coverage very much.

I think your totally wrong there, When playoff time comes you will be hoping Belfry isn't the Belfry of old, but let me tell you this team will suprise you, I hope Russell keeps on letting thier heads grow, because one day that bubble will burst. Ashland is no cupcake win and everyone knows that, Belfry went toe to toe with them and came up 1 point short, People act like the Pirates were demolished. Belfry's qb is just a soph and will be fine by mid-season. I know Russell has a fine team, but so do the Pirates, so I wouldnt be buying my tickets to Louisville anytime soon.

 

I Want too see Belfry of old in the playoffs, since 2002 the teams to beat Russell won STATE.Belfry twice and Breathitt, untill 2005.:confused: I dont have a big haed, I have school spirt,win,lose,or draw. I kwow Ashlahd wont be a cake walk,but our defense is too strong.:fight: :thumb:

All I was trying to say is that Ashland is a lot better then people seen them against Raceland, Mahan might be the diffirence in this game IMO, he can sure throw the ball.

;)

You are correct and I believe Russell missed the try for 2 for the win in overtime! Man do you see some similarities from last Friday night! Anyway it was a great win for the Tomcats last friday I told you in a post after the Raceland game you all would be just fine! Anyway I predict a great game for friday night! It'll be worth the 5 dollar ticket, also man big names all over the field. McDavid, Thomas, Davis. And the Devils Clark, Sizemore, Jones. Big time lines for both schools Snodgrass, Gullett, Harvey,Hicks, Rigsby! Man what a game at one of the top 2 places to watch a high school game!:D Right GodIsATomcat!:p :lol:

We need to start a poll will Blue Blazer attend more Russell or Racland games this season?:sssh: ;)

;)

We need to start a poll will Blue Blazer attend more Russell or Racland games this season?:sssh: ;)

This is the time when the Maroon Blazer shines the brightest!!!;)

Where were the ghosts on the 18th?? ;) I say they stay away for another week...Those ghosts haven't been able to scare up much against Russell recently...The Devils kinda like playing in Putnam...It's like a second home...:D

We had some Orange clad "ghost busters" that night.;):D;)

;)

We need to start a poll will Blue Blazer attend more Russell or Racland games this season?:sssh: ;)

 

I heard there may even be pictures of him decked out in Russell attire floating around...:sssh: :D

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.