Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ashland/Russell Predictions

Featured Replies

The disadvantages of a passing attack in wet conditions are trying to throw and catch a slippery ball. I think the advantage goes to the running team if it continues to rain. The RBs know when they are going to make their cuts, it is up to the defense to react.

The running game can have an advantage in wet conditions and you just stated the very reasons that I did as to why I believe that the recievers have an advantage in a passing attack. Wet conditions do however tend to slow the runners down though, making a fast back normal in some cases. If it is raining, wet & muddy their is still no excuses for either team. Both teams have to play in it and as I also stated as you did imo it will be won or lost on the line. my the best team on the field friday night win and may that best team on that night (from an outsider Raceland fan) be the Ashland Tomcats.

  • Replies 318
  • Views 18.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like your attitude Jeepman – no excuses. And you won’t hear any from me if Ashland looses.

 

However, I don’t think the best team wins – rather the team that plays the best on a given night wins.

 

Good luck to all – I hope that there are no injuries.

Well said Graybeard!

I like your attitude Jeepman – no excuses. And you won’t hear any from me if Ashland looses.

 

However, I don’t think the best team wins – rather the team that plays the best on a given night wins.

 

Good luck to all – I hope that there are no injuries.

 

You know I've heard this kicked around many times. The best team did not win!!! I believe that is horse pucky. If the best team would have come ready to play they would have won. Have bad calls. Have there best player hurt. So on and so forth. The team that scores the most points on that night is the best team. I'm sorry I don't see it any other way. The best team will win this one.

I like your attitude Jeepman – no excuses. And you won’t hear any from me if Ashland looses.

 

However, I don’t think the best team wins – rather the team that plays the best on a given night wins.

 

Good luck to all – I hope that there are no injuries.

 

We are splitting hairs here. The team that plays the best on any given night is the best team.

You will not here me say Russell is the best team. Now after tomorrow. I might say That Russell or Ashland is the best team. But not until then.

The running game can have an advantage in wet conditions and you just stated the very reasons that I did as to why I believe that the recievers have an advantage in a passing attack. Wet conditions do however tend to slow the runners down though, making a fast back normal in some cases. If it is raining, wet & muddy their is still no excuses for either team. Both teams have to play in it and as I also stated as you did imo it will be won or lost on the line. my the best team on the field friday night win and may that best team on that night (from an outsider Raceland fan) be the Ashland Tomcats.

I was with you until that last sentence.

I was with you until that last sentence.

I can understand you saying that and have no problem with it.:thumb:

We are splitting hairs here. ...

 

 

Probably so. We do a lot of that on here. :D

Probably so. We do a lot of that on here. :D

 

And it could take a while to plit all those gray hairs on you Graybeard. :D

It was 97 or 98 I think.

 

 

1996

Or that even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then.:D

 

 

I think that's it!!!!!!!!!!:ylsuper: :ylsuper: :ylsuper: :thumb: :fight: :fight: :dancingpa :dancingpa :devil:

Maybe they should drop Boyd Co. and schedule Sheldon Clark.:rolleyes:

 

Maybe so? I do look for Russell to beat BC,I do not thank that Boyd will lay down.Oh by the way. GO ASHLAND!:cool:

Maybe so? I do look for Russell to beat BC,I do not thank that Boyd will lay down.Oh by the way. GO ASHLAND!:cool:

You better watch it. They may kick you out of "The County" for saying such things.:D

 

BTW, nobody expects Boyd Co to lay down. That statement was meant to be sarcastic.

  • Author

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is possibility the game will be moved to Saturday because of the weather.

Just wanted to let everyone know that there is possibility the game will be moved to Saturday because of the weather.

I heard they cancelled the freshmen game tonight. I've also heard this and I also heard the field crew hasn't been able to paint the field at all because of the sloppy conditions.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.