Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

Not sure how you can't have Usain up there with Phelps as far as greatest Olympian.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure how you can't have Usain up there with Phelps as far as greatest Olympian.

 

You can make an argument for either and not be wrong IMO.

It's easy. Bolt has dominated two races -- not even races all the sprints.

 

Phelps has been dominant at so much more.

I'll just say it. I think the Jamaicans dope. I think they're Using something that's not tested for or not detectable. That little island has the 2 fastest humans of all time with Bolt and Blake on the team at the same time and the same with the women. I'm sorry but I'm skeptical.

Costas was interviewing IOC chairman Thomas Bach tonight.

 

Costas asked him point blank if, in hindsight, he thinks Rio was a good selection for a host city given Rio's inability to provide the security, water quality, or some of the infrastructure that had been promised when they were selected.

 

Bach said he definitely thought it was a good selection.

 

I disagree.

I'll just say it. I think the Jamaicans dope. I think they're Using something that's not tested for or not detectable. That little island has the 2 fastest humans of all time with Bolt and Blake on the team at the same time and the same with the women. I'm sorry but I'm skeptical.

 

I think more dope than do not dope. Read Charlie Francis's book "Speed Trap". Although it is from the early 90s i still think it hold a lot of weight today in regards to doping and how they get around it.

This is why you don't have the Olympics in unfit nations

Bomb went off in Atlanta, so,,,

Not sure how you can't have Usain up there with Phelps as far as greatest Olympian.

LLLLLLLLike:thumb:

  • Author
I'll just say it. I think the Jamaicans dope. I think they're Using something that's not tested for or not detectable. That little island has the 2 fastest humans of all time with Bolt and Blake on the team at the same time and the same with the women. I'm sorry but I'm skeptical.

 

I don't know Rocket. They've historically always had great runners dating back to Derice Bannick's father. Then Derice, Junior Bevil, and Yul Brenner.

I don't know Rocket. They've historically always had great runners dating back to Derice Bannick's father. Then Derice, Junior Bevil, and Yul Brenner.

 

The fastest of the fastest of Jamaican sprinters...

I always viewed the elite sprinters like I do the elite cyclists. They are dope. This is of course just my opinion.

I have done something I don't normally do. I have sent an email to a network (not that I'm expecting an answer). I still am completely befuddled over why they are not showing the flag raising portion during the medal ceremonies. Instead we get 2 seconds of a tight shot on the American flag (where you can't even tell it's being raised) if an American wins the event...or nothing at all (if we don't). Caught a brief glimpse (about 2 seconds) during the men's golf ceremony...but, then nothing during the women's 100. I sure hope this isn't another issue where someone determined it wasn't PC to show one nation as "superior" to others, by showing the flags. But, for the love of Mike, I can't think of any other reason why they'd do this.

I don't know Rocket. They've historically always had great runners dating back to Derice Bannick's father. Then Derice, Junior Bevil, and Yul Brenner.

 

I'm just not buying they're clean. Such a small little island and that many are the fastest humans on the planet? I'm curious how frequently they are tested there and if they ever are randomly.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.