Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

Sounds like sour grapes to me. The only guy that has been a proven cheater was our guy. My entire life, I have always known Jamaica as a track and field power. Also, a lot of them have come over to train in the US. A lot of the Caribbean sprinters have gone to schools in the SEC on scholarships. So, it's not like these guys haven't gotten good training or facilities.

At the Seoul Olympics Ben Johnson, a Jamaican-born Canadian Sprinter, won Gold over Carl Lewis and lowering his own world record time to 9.79. Tested positive and 3 days later was disqualified in the Olympics, later admitted to using during previous world record breaking run.

 

So it's not just been "Our Guy" that has been caught.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
At the Seoul Olympics Ben Johnson, a Jamaican-born Canadian Sprinter, won Gold over Carl Lewis and lowering his own world record time to 9.79. Tested positive and 3 days later was disqualified in the Olympics, later admitted to using during previous world record breaking run.

 

So it's not just been "Our Guy" that has been caught.

 

Not to speak for @jbird, but I'd imagine that he meant recently and more specifically that ran in the 100m Final.

I will say while I think Bolt is impressive. I don't get why Americans root for him. I was rooting for the Americans in the race. Isn't a single sport in the Olympics I root against the American.

 

I think if America had someone other than a twice suspended doper competing against him, you'd see a lot of those people rooting against Bolt. While I wanted him to beat Bolt, it's very hard to root for a guy like Gatlin IMO.

Not to speak for @jbird, but I'd imagine that he meant recently and more specifically that ran in the 100m Final.

I guess I'm a little older, Ben Johnson and Carl Lewis are still relevant to me...but then again I turn 50 next month.

I'd like to see Bolt run the 400 also...he is so dominant at 100 and 200, without it seems to even be giving a full effort, I'd love to see him push it for 400 meters.

Not to speak for @jbird, but I'd imagine that he meant recently and more specifically that ran in the 100m Final.

 

Yep.

Randoms from yesterday:

--Really enjoyed the story about the man who won gold now twice in the 800M. Very humble. Love what he is doing for his village.

--Pretty cool that the Netherlands won a gold---and it was not in speed skating! That young lady was stunning on the balance beam.

-- All those US women killing it on the track and looking beautiful at the finish, barely breaking a sweat.

 

I love the Olympics!

  • Author
I guess I'm a little older, Ben Johnson and Carl Lewis are still relevant to me...but then again I turn 50 next month.

 

Might still be relevant, but they happened half your life ago, so it's hard to consider in this context.

USA has 84 medals 28 gold 28 silver 28 bronze to end the night while China and Great Britain fight it out for 2nd place. China has 51 Medals and Great Britain has 50

USA women's beach volleyball will play for the bronze. Upset or predicted?

USA women's beach volleyball will play for the bronze. Upset or predicted?

Brazil seeded higher but this was an upset. Walsh-Jennings did not have her A game tonight.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.