Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Featured Replies

I have done something I don't normally do. I have sent an email to a network (not that I'm expecting an answer). I still am completely befuddled over why they are not showing the flag raising portion during the medal ceremonies. Instead we get 2 seconds of a tight shot on the American flag (where you can't even tell it's being raised) if an American wins the event...or nothing at all (if we don't). Caught a brief glimpse (about 2 seconds) during the men's golf ceremony...but, then nothing during the women's 100. I sure hope this isn't another issue where someone determined it wasn't PC to show one nation as "superior" to others, by showing the flags. But, for the love of Mike, I can't think of any other reason why they'd do this.

 

I've seen the three flags together on a couple of occasions, but truthfully it's not something I've been looking for and I'veonly watched a handful of medal ceremonies.

  • Replies 885
  • Views 79.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm just not buying they're clean. Such a small little island and that many are the fastest humans on the planet? I'm curious how frequently they are tested there and if they ever are randomly.

Population is 2.7 million

They have 6 of the top 25 all time men

They have 6 of the top 25 all time women

And all but one of those has come in the last 11 years.

Population is 2.7 million

They have 6 of the top 25 all time men

They have 6 of the top 25 all time women

And all but one of those has come in the last 11 years.

 

Seems legit...

Seems legit...

I mean, if that doesn't through up red flags then I guess nothing should.

Population is 2.7 million

They have 6 of the top 25 all time men

They have 6 of the top 25 all time women

And all but one of those has come in the last 11 years.

 

Sounds like sour grapes to me. The only guy that has been a proven cheater was our guy. My entire life, I have always known Jamaica as a track and field power. Also, a lot of them have come over to train in the US. A lot of the Caribbean sprinters have gone to schools in the SEC on scholarships. So, it's not like these guys haven't gotten good training or facilities.

I've seen the three flags together on a couple of occasions, but truthfully it's not something I've been looking for and I'veonly watched a handful of medal ceremonies.

 

I think I've seen it a total of 4 times. 3 of them were in the swimming, and then yesterday, during the golf ceremony. But, even then, it's quickly cut away from, and never gone back to.

 

Now it's to the point where I'm actively looking for it, and am certain that I'm not just missing it.

Sounds like sour grapes to me. The only guy that has been a proven cheater was our guy. My entire life, I have always known Jamaica as a track and field power. Also, a lot of them have come over to train in the US. A lot of the Caribbean sprinters have gone to schools in the SEC on scholarships. So, it's not like these guys haven't gotten good training or facilities.
Sounds like you don't have a clue what you're talking about if you think I have sour grapes. I was stating nothing but facts. I never once said they didn't have competitive athletes. But do you really think a country with a population of less than 3 million has in the last 11 years produced 11 of the fastest humans ever and it's because of training and facilities?
Sounds like you don't have a clue what you're talking about if you think I have sour grapes. I was stating nothing but facts. I never once said they didn't have competitive athletes. But do you really think a country with a population of less than 3 million has in the last 11 years produced 11 of the fastest humans ever and it's because of training and facilities?

 

Fine, I'll rephrase to "sounds like an excuse for why we didn't get gold". Population has nothing to do with it. Fiji, an island nation of less than 1 million beat the hell out of Great Britain in rugby, another island consisting of 60+ million. America Samoa, disproportionately has sent a number of players to the NFL despite being a small island. Jamaica is known for track and field, even before Bolt and Yohan. So yes, I do think an island of less than 3 million has produced some of the best runners in history. It's all about opportunity. Until one of Jamaica's sprinters urine sample turns purple, I do not suspect them of doping.

Every time I see a Ryan Lochte interview, all I can think of is........

 

Fine, I'll rephrase to "sounds like an excuse for why we didn't get gold". Population has nothing to do with it. Fiji, an island nation of less than 1 million beat the hell out of Great Britain in rugby, another island consisting of 60+ million. America Samoa, disproportionately has sent a number of players to the NFL despite being a small island. Jamaica is known for track and field, even before Bolt and Yohan. So yes, I do think an island of less than 3 million has produced some of the best runners in history. It's all about opportunity. Until one of Jamaica's sprinters urine sample turns purple, I do not suspect them of doping.

 

Guess you don't follow doping scandals or sports. The tests are always behind the drugs themselves. It's usually found WAY after the fact when new tests are able to test for new drugs.

Fine, I'll rephrase to "sounds like an excuse for why we didn't get gold". Population has nothing to do with it. Fiji, an island nation of less than 1 million beat the hell out of Great Britain in rugby, another island consisting of 60+ million. America Samoa, disproportionately has sent a number of players to the NFL despite being a small island. Jamaica is known for track and field, even before Bolt and Yohan. So yes, I do think an island of less than 3 million has produced some of the best runners in history. It's all about opportunity. Until one of Jamaica's sprinters urine sample turns purple, I do not suspect them of doping.

For the record I think everyone in that race last night is using. Not to mention I like Bolt and wanted to see him win. So I guess there goes your narrative.

 

Barry Bonds urine never turned purple so I guess you think he never used.

Guess you don't follow doping scandals or sports. The tests are always behind the drugs themselves. It's usually found WAY after the fact when new tests are able to test for new drugs.

No matter whether you think someone is using or not, the "they've never failed a drug test" argument is as bad as it gets. Testing is pretty much a joke unless someone is just being careless or stupid with their program.

Guess you don't follow doping scandals or sports. The tests are always behind the drugs themselves. It's usually found WAY after the fact when new tests are able to test for new drugs.

 

I do follow the doping news. As far as I know the chick that got bronze for Jamaica served a suspension for a ban substance. Also, Bolt has never tested positive for a banned substance. Until then, his natural talent will always be the case for me.

For the record I think everyone in that race last night is using. Not to mention I like Bolt and wanted to see him win. So I guess there goes your narrative.

 

Barry Bonds urine never turned purple so I guess you think he never used.

 

Not at all. I'll stick to what I said and say population has nothing to do with it. It's also about culture. Track and Field is THE sport in Jamaica.

I will say while I think Bolt is impressive. I don't get why Americans root for him. I was rooting for the Americans in the race. Isn't a single sport in the Olympics I root against the American.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.