Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jenna Martin Transferring To Highlands

Featured Replies

  • Replies 231
  • Views 52.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume the family has moved?

Wow! An entire thread!!!

Wow! An entire thread!!!

 

Guys get 'em - why not the gals?:thumb:

Guys get 'em - why not the gals?:thumb:

 

Name the last guy and year that someone transferred to Highlands after their 8th grade year?

Name the last guy and year that someone transferred to Highlands after their 8th grade year?

 

Chillax, he means transfer threads...

Chillax, he means transfer threads...

 

My bad...I thought the Birds were taking another shot..

My bad...I thought the Birds were taking another shot..

 

Not from this impartial observer.:thumb:

I assume the family has moved?

 

I thought you could live out of district and pay to go to Highlands? Like Beechwood. Is this not correct?

That is correct, you can pay tuition but the family couldn't use financial reasons for the transfer.

 

I have a question, with NDA not currently having a head coach to dispute the transfer, will this come down to timing? Or is does the KHSAA determine eligibility anyway?

I thought you could live out of district and pay to go to Highlands? Like Beechwood. Is this not correct?

 

Transfer rules require a move in order to play immediately.

Transfer rules require a move in order to play immediately.

 

But not necessarily a family move, right? Could be her moving and a temporary guardian situation.

But not necessarily a family move, right? Could be her moving and a temporary guardian situation.

 

I don't think the guardianship angle will work, especially in this situation unless there are specific personal family reasons that they can document to back it up.

 

It will be very interesting to see how this one plays out. Normally I believe they could use financial reasons and tuition. However she will be paying tuition at Highlands if she doesn't move in. How does the Highlands tuition compare to the Notre Dame tuition? I would guess it is somewhere around 40 - 50% of NDAs tuition. Can someone use financial reason's if those are the numbers?

I don't think the guardianship angle will work, especially in this situation unless there are specific personal family reasons that they can document to back it up.

 

It will be very interesting to see how this one plays out. Normally I believe they could use financial reasons and tuition. However she will be paying tuition at Highlands if she doesn't move in. How does the Highlands tuition compare to the Notre Dame tuition? I would guess it is somewhere around 40 - 50% of NDAs tuition. Can someone use financial reason's if those are the numbers?

 

Highlands $4,900

NDA around $7,500

I don't think the guardianship angle will work, especially in this situation unless there are specific personal family reasons that they can document to back it up.

 

It will be very interesting to see how this one plays out. Normally I believe they could use financial reasons and tuition. However she will be paying tuition at Highlands if she doesn't move in. How does the Highlands tuition compare to the Notre Dame tuition? I would guess it is somewhere around 40 - 50% of NDAs tuition. Can someone use financial reason's if those are the numbers?

 

 

I don't think financial reasons would hold water.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.