Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jenna Martin Transferring To Highlands

Featured Replies

Transfer rules require a move in order to play immediately.

 

Not in the 8th district. Kids jump schools all the time without moving and still get eligible.

  • Replies 231
  • Views 52.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not in the 8th district. Kids jump schools all the time without moving and still get eligible.

 

Clyde did not mention that the transfer rules are only triggered if the athlete has played varsity minutes. Where athletes played in middle school is irrelevant.

Clyde did not mention that the transfer rules are only triggered if the athlete has played varsity minutes. Where athletes played in middle school is irrelevant.

 

I was referring to high school kids making the move any way. I've used this example several times because it is the most recent example, no other reason. Janiya Davis played varsity for Christian County in 8th grade and freshman year, University Heights as a sophomore and Hopkinsville as a junior. All of this without moving from her Christian County address. She is now a senior and rumors are already flying that she will go back to Christian County. The KHSAA does not govern like they should.

if she's 18 I'm not sure guardianship would be necessary, would it? If I remember her story correctly, the family made the decision to hold her back in middle school to play varsity as an 8th grader. I thought I heard she would be 19 in July. So she could possibly go where she wants if she moved out.

That is correct, you can pay tuition but the family couldn't use financial reasons for the transfer.

 

I have a question, with NDA not currently having a head coach to dispute the transfer, will this come down to timing? Or is does the KHSAA determine eligibility anyway?

 

Pretty sure the AD would "fight"

a transfer. Historically, NDA does not care about releasing players to play varsity elsewhere. With a new AD maybe this will change, but Gunning never tried to deny anyone the right to play immediately at their new school, regardless of reason. If the kid wants to leave, let them leave and let the KHSAA handle it. I don't know the Martin's or their daughter but, they seem like they would be a lot to handle for any program. High school sports is about playing for your hometown school, making memories-good and bad, leading the program if you are the best player... not transferring all over the place until you find a school that will make your kid the star or because your kid likes the coach. I just disagree with this on all levels. I hope NDA doesn't fight anything. Let her go and try to find what she is looking for - or, more likely, what her parents are looking for.

I would hope any school would wait for the KHSAA to rule before they let a kid play.

 

3 schools in 4 years? Come on.

if she's 18 I'm not sure guardianship would be necessary, would it? If I remember her story correctly, the family made the decision to hold her back in middle school to play varsity as an 8th grader. I thought I heard she would be 19 in July. So she could possibly go where she wants if she moved out.

 

I would be willing to bet that she will not turn 19 in July. That would make her inelgible as she would age out before the deadline. Surely they would not hold her back if that were the case.

The "must move" thing for a transfer never made sense to me. If a student can live in Anytown and attend ND or Highlands while living there, then why would they have to "move" in order to transfer? What if they "moved" two houses down from their current residence? They did not need to be in Highlands school district before so why would they need to be now?

The "must move" thing for a transfer never made sense to me. If a student can live in Anytown and attend ND or Highlands while living there, then why would they have to "move" in order to transfer? What if they "moved" two houses down from their current residence? They did not need to be in Highlands school district before so why would they need to be now?

 

Because moving into the city gives them a bonafide reason to be able to play her senior year.

Because moving into the city gives them a bonafide reason to be able to play her senior year.

 

How so? If she could go to either school before how does moving into the city give them a bonafide reason? If anything it should look more like a move just for athletic purposes. "Hey look we moved so our kid could attend and be eligible for sports." I could see if all school districts in KY did not accept tuition students from outside their district but since most do what is the point of moving?

I would be willing to bet that she will not turn 19 in July. That would make her inelgible as she would age out before the deadline. Surely they would not hold her back if that were the case.

 

That's what I was thinking!!!!!

Pretty sure the AD would "fight"

a transfer. Historically, NDA does not care about releasing players to play varsity elsewhere. With a new AD maybe this will change, but Gunning never tried to deny anyone the right to play immediately at their new school, regardless of reason. If the kid wants to leave, let them leave and let the KHSAA handle it. I don't know the Martin's or their daughter but, they seem like they would be a lot to handle for any program. High school sports is about playing for your hometown school, making memories-good and bad, leading the program if you are the best player... not transferring all over the place until you find a school that will make your kid the star or because your kid likes the coach. I just disagree with this on all levels. I hope NDA doesn't fight anything. Let her go and try to find what she is looking for - or, more likely, what her parents are looking for.

 

I know the Martins and the daughter great people to have in program. You have no idea of the situation. These comments are ridiculous you are talking about a Highschool girl and her family that support her. Remember people its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

I know the Martins and the daughter great people to have in program. You have no idea of the situation. These comments are ridiculous you are talking about a Highschool girl and her family that support her. Remember people its better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

 

So are you saying there is some non basketball related reason for the transfer? Or are you just saying the Martins are good people? Cause I don't think anyone was saying derogatory things about the parents or Jenna. Your have a very condescending tone when the title of the thread is asking people to discuss why she's transferring. Maybe you should take your high values to the moderator and have it out with then for creating the thread?

From afar this seems like a terrible high school experience.

Did Martin play for Coach Levandusky? Could this be about 3 coaching changes in 4 years?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.