Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Obama Thread

Featured Replies

Believe or not there are conservative open minded white people, like myself.

 

Psst...Darth...you're black.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Psst...Darth...you're black.

 

Shhhh, you weren't supposed to notice. :lol2:

Personally I think the President is a good dude and would be cool to hang out with and watch a ball game. I'd love to sit down and just pick his brain about a wide range of subjects, just as I would the other living Presidents.

 

Politically I don't agree with much of what the President has said or done, but most of the things that people think are the most egregious are in reality much to do about nothing.

 

I do think the President is doing what he or his advisors think is the best for the country, for the most part, I just tend not to agree with them very often.

About as long as your "I will never like any liberal" thought...

 

Really? My judgement comes from decades spent watching Liberals destroy the fiscal and moral fiber of our country.

I would vote for obama if he could and chose to run again. I align with his political beliefs about 70-75%. His Iran decision bothers me. ObamaCare has been great for those that could not get insurance and wanted to. I believe he would have reached across the aisle with ACH if it would had been looked at with bipartisan intentions.

 

Obama starts his Presidency with the Minority Senate Lead at the time stating he was going to spend his time trying to make sure Obama doesn't win a second term. That was a great start for him to navigate the aisle.

 

He did what he had to do and just go around them. I would have also.

I've been called everything but a Child of God by the open minded tolerant, progressive people that support Obama so please don't act as if my statement was a reach.

I've been called everything but a Child of God by the open minded tolerant, progressive people that support Obama so please don't act as if my statement was a reach.

 

You said:

 

"So whites that voted against him are closed minded? Gotcha"

 

In response to my response to mountain ref who responded to me by saying:

 

"A white world. Do you realize how many whites voted for him?"

 

Where I said:

 

"Sure I do, and believe it or not there is such a thing as a progressive open minded white person, and thankfully they are no longer a rarity even while unfortunately there are still a significant number of those lagging in this department".

 

Me saying that "unfortunately there are still a significant number of those lagging in this department" is not the same as me saying that those who voted against him are closed minded and it is completely a "REACH" on your part to suggest that this is what I said when it absolutely was not.

Why is he The Great Divider? I've seen Ferguson listed as a reason. What else is there that he has done to divide our country?

 

7/22/2009 When he, on national television, called Cambridge police stupid. Granted it may not have been their shining moment but to hear the President of the United States say the police were stupid was astoundingly disrespectful. Most of these law officers put their lives on the line every day. Nothing personal connected to it, just shock on my part upon hearing his disrespect.

  • Author
7/22/2009 When he, on national television, called Cambridge police stupid. Granted it may not have been their shining moment but to hear the President of the United States say the police were stupid was astoundingly disrespectful. Most of these law officers put their lives on the line every day. Nothing personal connected to it, just shock on my part upon hearing his disrespect.

 

I hear you. He did apologize for it and had the Beer Summit to make amends for it. I get that it still bothered a lot of people but he did try to make amends.

Personally I think the President is a good dude and would be cool to hang out with and watch a ball game. I'd love to sit down and just pick his brain about a wide range of subjects, just as I would the other living Presidents.

 

Politically I don't agree with much of what the President has said or done, but most of the things that people think are the most egregious are in reality much to do about nothing.

 

I do think the President is doing what he or his advisors think is the best for the country, for the most part, I just tend not to agree with them very often.

 

 

Good post. Very fair.

I hear you. He did apologize for it and had the Beer Summit to make amends for it. I get that it still bothered a lot of people but he did try to make amends.

Apologize he did but the damage was done. Kind of like an argument with your spouse, never speak words without thinking upon them because some you cannot take back. Another item of his that has bothered me, while a member of the Illinois Statehouse, he personally wrote and placed on the floor for a vote, a law to refuse aid to a child surviving a failed abortion. I get that some of us are pro-life and some are not, but once that little soul is on this earth, it's heartless to deny medical care, no matter how long the child survives. You can read it for yourself. Google " Born Alive" Legislation. There are other items like these that I disagree with and neither has anything to do with the color of his skin. We will morally disagree with the core values each of us believes.

The idea that there is a "black vote" is a pretty absurd concept to me honestly. What does it say about a black person who votes differently that the "black vote?" Are they "less black" because they voted different than the "black vote?" Talk about making wide generalizations based on skin color.How stupid would I look if I talked about the "white vote?" So' date=' first, suggesting that the "black vote" is actually a thing is simplistic. I know that you are not the first, nor the only person to refer to it as the "black vote," but i though my response should start out be pointing out how stupid that phrase is. Secondly, I think you are asking if I think that some black people would vote for him simply because he was black. I 100% do think that some black people would vote for him if he was black.[/quote']

 

The black vote exists. The Christian vote exists. The Latino vote exists.

It just seems odd, that in the PC world we live in today, that we are so willing to make such a large generalization about who people vote for based on race and religion. Isn't this textbook racial profiling?

It just seems odd, that in the PC world we live in today, that we are so willing to make such a large generalization about who people vote for based on race and religion. Isn't this textbook racial profiling?

 

Is it really a generalization when it's true though?

 

I see it simply as another demographic used to break down the vote. Just like age groups.

7/22/2009 When he, on national television, called Cambridge police stupid. Granted it may not have been their shining moment but to hear the President of the United States say the police were stupid was astoundingly disrespectful. Most of these law officers put their lives on the line every day. Nothing personal connected to it, just shock on my part upon hearing his disrespect.

 

Words actually matter. He didn't say the police were "stupid." He said they "acted stupidly." Agree or disagree on his assessment of their actions but he didn't call them "stupid."

 

I act stupidly sometimes. I'm not stupid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.