Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Obama Thread

Featured Replies

So whites that voted against his are closed minded. Gotcha.

 

The "progressive" who are self-characterized as "tolerant" and open-minded are only "tolerant" to those with similar views. If you disagree, then you are automatically intolerant/bigot/ racist.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has had missteps in regards to race and/or police. See the Boston example with the professor. Sometimes pausing is a good thing.

 

However, when you're black and you have a platform AND raise issues with regards to race you are instantly labeled a "divider" which is the 2000s word for "instigator" that was used in the 60s. As a country , while we know it's there, we do NOT want to HEAR about our race problems especially from some black dude. By today's definition, MLK was a divider.

 

He's taken arrows (we see it here) for raising valid issues regarding race. My guess is he'll take them in exchange for not just dialogue and awareness but , more importantly, action.

 

Lastly, it's laughable and , frankly, ignorant to say he hates America.

 

The word I recall from history the most was "agitator." "Outside agitator."

Hmm...I read it as to mean that choosing a president for no other reason than because of his skin color is not in the best interest for the country, which i strongly agree with.

 

And if he had said it just like you did, then I too would agree. The comment specifically only called out Blacks for voting strictly based on skin color. There were no qualifiers. Were there some that did so?? Sure. Just like there were whites who voted against him based on skin color, and there were blacks that even voted against him. No particular group, race, etc is beyond voting for a candidate for non political reasons.

  • Author

Truthfully though blacks didn't vote for Obama because he was black. They voted for him because he was a black democrat who shared their views and visions. Blacks don't just vote for any blacks just because they are black. Ask Dr. Carson.

Truthfully though blacks didn't vote for Obama because he was black. They voted for him because he was a black democrat who shared their views and visions. Blacks don't just vote for any blacks just because they are black. Ask Dr. Carson.

 

I wish I had as much confidence speaking on behalf of an entire race as you do.

The word I recall from history the most was "agitator." "Outside agitator."

 

Sorry. You are correct.

The "progressive" who are self-characterized as "tolerant" and open-minded are only "tolerant" to those with similar views. If you disagree, then you are automatically intolerant/bigot/ racist.

 

Not exactly.

 

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them." - Karl Popper

The word I recall from history the most was "agitator." "Outside agitator."

 

That, and "community organizer".

 

Same thing, essentially.

Translation: If you disagree with us you will be shunned and we have a ready-made excuse for our intolerance.

Translation: If you disagree with us you will be shunned and we have a ready-made excuse for our intolerance.

 

Well, most of my friends are just to the right of Mussolini, so I for one wouldn't go Amish on them.:lol2:

I wish I had as much confidence speaking on behalf of an entire race as you do.

 

Do you think Dr Carson would get the "black vote" if he were the R nominee running against HRC?

So we're going to blame black Americans for voting for the "black guy" after 200+ years of not having that chance? Who doesn't get that? Plus he's a D? No-brainer.

Do you think Dr Carson would get the "black vote" if he were the R nominee running against HRC?

 

 

The idea that there is a "black vote" is a pretty absurd concept to me honestly. What does it say about a black person who votes differently that the "black vote?" Are they "less black" because they voted different than the "black vote?" Talk about making wide generalizations based on skin color.How stupid would I look if I talked about the "white vote?"

 

So, first, suggesting that the "black vote" is actually a thing is simplistic. I know that you are not the first, nor the only person to refer to it as the "black vote," but i though my response should start out be pointing out how stupid that phrase is.

 

Secondly, I think you are asking if I think that some black people would vote for him simply because he was black. I 100% do think that some black people would vote for him if he was black.

Is there some sort of conference that I have never heard about where every black person in America gets together and hashes out who gets the "black vote" for this election?

Is there some sort of conference that I have never heard about where every black person in America gets together and hashes out who gets the "black vote" for this election?

 

Well you are white :sssh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.