Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Obama Thread

Featured Replies

The irony in it though... argues that racism is a serious problem facing our country; assumes that every person of the same race has the same political ideology and votes for the same person, creating a unanimous decision for which candidate they want to be president.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm...I read it as to mean that choosing a president for no other reason than because of his skin color is not in the best interest for the country, which i strongly agree with.

 

Also agreed... But he is ignoring the fact that some white people voted against Obama for the same reason some black people voted for him.

There is nothing Obama could do in his final days that would allow me to change my low opinion of his Presidency. That said, I felt the same about Clinton and Carter. I doubt that I will ever be able to stomach Liberal Presidents, or Congressmen, or Senators, or Governors, or State Representatives, or Mayors or City Council Members...

My problem with our current President is that he is a Statist. He does not show to believe in the rugged individualism or the individual.

There is nothing Obama could do in his final days that would allow me to change my low opinion of his Presidency. That said, I felt the same about Clinton and Carter. I doubt that I will ever be able to stomach Liberal Presidents, or Congressmen, or Senators, or Governors, or State Representatives, or Mayors or City Council Members...

 

Way to be open minded. That'll help get the country where we need to be!

  • Author
I wish I had as much confidence speaking on behalf of an entire race as you do.

 

Some stuff is pretty self explanatory. Are you of the belief that Obama's skin color is the only reason blacks voted for him like Mountainref is?

Way to be open minded. That'll help get the country where we need to be!

 

Where we need to be is far away from Liberal think and Liberal policy. So I agree that my stance will help lead us to "where we need to be".

  • Author
Is there some sort of conference that I have never heard about where every black person in America gets together and hashes out who gets the "black vote" for this election?

 

Nope. The democrats have had the black vote by default for at least 4 decades last that I saw.

  • Author
The irony in it though... argues that racism is a serious problem facing our country; assumes that every person of the same race has the same political ideology and votes for the same person, creating a unanimous decision for which candidate they want to be president.

 

I'm not even sure what you are trying to say here.

Where we need to be is far away from Liberal think and Liberal policy. So I agree that my stance will help lead us to "where we need to be".

 

In your opinion.

  • Author
The idea that there is a "black vote" is a pretty absurd concept to me honestly. What does it say about a black person who votes differently that the "black vote?" Are they "less black" because they voted different than the "black vote?" Talk about making wide generalizations based on skin color.How stupid would I look if I talked about the "white vote?"

 

So, first, suggesting that the "black vote" is actually a thing is simplistic. I know that you are not the first, nor the only person to refer to it as the "black vote," but i though my response should start out be pointing out how stupid that phrase is.

 

Secondly, I think you are asking if I think that some black people would vote for him simply because he was black. I 100% do think that some black people would vote for him if he was black.

 

For the record, white politicians created the phrase "black vote" when white politicians began pandering the black vote so they could win elections.

 

Again, black people didn't vote for him just because he is black. They voted for him because he is a black democrat. Blacks don't just go up and vote for any black person just because they are black.

For the record, white politicians created the phrase "black vote" when white politicians began pandering the black vote so they could win elections.

 

Again, black people didn't vote for him just because he is black. They voted for him because he is a black democrat. Blacks don't just go up and vote for any black person just because they are black.

 

So you honestly don't believe that some black people voted for him just because he was black? Its fine if you think that, I just disagree with you. I know of at least two people, who are black, that have claimed this. So when you say that "black people didn't vote for him just because he was black" you are wrong.

 

I don't know where you get this sense of confidence that you can speak for every black person in America. Really, its mind boggling.

Some stuff is pretty self explanatory. Are you of the belief that Obama's skin color is the only reason blacks voted for him like Mountainref is?

 

 

I said that some did, which I stand by.

It is just awesome though, how any thread that has a criticism of Obama always boils down to a race issue.

  • Author
So you honestly don't believe that some black people voted for him just because he was black? Its fine if you think that, I just disagree with you. I know of at least two people, who are black, that have claimed this. So when you say that "black people didn't vote for him just because he was black" you are wrong.

 

I don't know where you get this sense of confidence that you can speak for every black person in America. Really, its mind boggling.

 

Some? Sure. Some voted for him because he was black. The point I am desperately trying to make is that if Obama was a republican then those same black people that voted for him only because he was black would not have voted for him if he was a republican.

 

As to your last paragraph, I guess it can still be a comforting thing for us blacks to know that our code still hasn't been deciphered. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.