Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Obama Thread

Featured Replies

  • Author
It is just awesome though, how any thread that has a criticism of Obama always boils down to a race issue.

 

Mountainref brought up race first in the thread. Are the black experts of BGP not allowed to answer his posts?

  • Replies 149
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mountainref brought up race first in the thread. Are the black experts of BGP not allowed to answer his posts?

 

No, you absolutely have every right to. However, you being a moderator and all, I would expect you to be able use better judgement and not respond to a post that you know is going to derail the thread.

  • Author
It is just awesome though, how any thread that has a criticism of Obama always boils down to a race issue.

 

Also, that should have been expected when dealing with the first black president. Especially when one of the criticisms of him is that he made race relations worse by being The Great Divider. Comes with the territory.

  • Author
No, you absolutely have every right to. However, you being a moderator and all, I would expect you to be able use better judgement and not respond to a post that you know is going to derail the thread.

 

Moderators make sure people follow the rules of BGP. Have I said something out of line? Am I not allowed to have an opinion or question anyone because I am a moderator? I haven't insulted anyone and if anything I am trying to provide understanding about the mind of black people in 2016 and about Obama. Seeing as how I am a black dude in his 40s I think if people can get past my brutal honesty on the subject a healthy dialogue can be had.

 

I've know Mountainref personally for over 3-4 years now. We have spoken by phone and text occasionally about a wide variety of things. I like him a lot as a person and friend and enjoy talking with him when we catch up. I'll always respond to his posts and he'll always respond to mine. That's just the way it is.

 

This thread can't be derailed. It's The Obama Thread. There are a myriad of things to discuss about Obama and why people do or don't like him. I've seen some interesting answers. Some that make sense. Some that are close minded. Some that are well thought out. Some will be sensitive and bring out many different responses. That's what I was aiming for. This thread has been a success so far. I'm not sure why the discussion of race and Obama bothers you so much especially when the tone hasn't become a belligerent tone.

Sure I do, and believe it or not there is such a thing as a progressive open minded white person, and thankfully they are no longer a rarity even while unfortunately there are still a significant number of those lagging in this department.

 

Believe or not there are conservative open minded white people, like myself.

Moderators make sure people follow the rules of BGP. Have I said something out of line? Am I not allowed to have an opinion or question anyone because I am a moderator? I haven't insulted anyone and if anything I am trying to provide understanding about the mind of black people in 2016 and about Obama. Seeing as how I am a black dude in his 40s I think if people can get past my brutal honesty on the subject a healthy dialogue can be had.

 

I've know Mountainref personally for over 3-4 years now. We have spoken by phone and text occasionally about a wide variety of things. I like him a lot as a person and friend and enjoy talking with him when we catch up. I'll always respond to his posts and he'll always respond to mine. That's just the way it is.

 

This thread can't be derailed. It's The Obama Thread. There are a myriad of things to discuss about Obama and why people do or don't like him. I've seen some interesting answers. Some that make sense. Some that are close minded. Some that are well thought out. Some will be sensitive and bring out many different responses. That's what I was aiming for. This thread has been a success so far. I'm not sure why the discussion of race and Obama bothers you so much especially when the tone hasn't become a belligerent tone.

 

MWB

Moderators make sure people follow the rules of BGP. Have I said something out of line? Am I not allowed to have an opinion or question anyone because I am a moderator? I haven't insulted anyone and if anything I am trying to provide understanding about the mind of black people in 2016 and about Obama. Seeing as how I am a black dude in his 40s I think if people can get past my brutal honesty on the subject a healthy dialogue can be had.

 

I've know Mountainref personally for over 3-4 years now. We have spoken by phone and text occasionally about a wide variety of things. I like him a lot as a person and friend and enjoy talking with him when we catch up. I'll always respond to his posts and he'll always respond to mine. That's just the way it is.

 

This thread can't be derailed. It's The Obama Thread. There are a myriad of things to discuss about Obama and why people do or don't like him. I've seen some interesting answers. Some that make sense. Some that are close minded. Some that are well thought out. Some will be sensitive and bring out many different responses. That's what I was aiming for. This thread has been a success so far. I'm not sure why the discussion of race and Obama bothers you so much especially when the tone hasn't become a belligerent tone.

 

 

I think it is mainly because any criticism of Obama gets boiled down to being a racist, which is so far from the truth.

 

I brought up some legitimate criticisms earlier in the thread that have to do with foreign policy, but of course those went largely ignored. Instead, the race issue got taken for a ride.

  • Author
I think it is mainly because any criticism of Obama gets boiled down to being a racist, which is so far from the truth.

 

I brought up some legitimate criticisms earlier in the thread that have to do with foreign policy, but of course those went largely ignored. Instead, the race issue got taken for a ride.

 

It wasn't ignored. I read it as did many others. I was grateful for your well thought answer. I don't know as much about foreign policy so I can't give an informed response to your post. It wasn't ignored though. I just didn't know how to respond. It made sense though.

 

Mountainref made a post and it was challenged. Just another day at the office. :lol2:

My issues with President Obama have absolutely zero to do with his race. My issues are his policies and some of the things he has done.

 

Obamacare is a train wreck and has made insurance less affordable.

 

The President often speaks before he knows the facts and appears to be divisive. The Harvard professor, Trayvon Martin, Furgeson, etc. Being the most powerful man in the nation, he should wait until all the facts are vetted on a subject before speaking. Did he mean to be divisive? Only he knows for sure. Perception is reality.

 

His cherry picking of laws to enforce or not enforce are clearly divisive. Not in race but in politics. What happened to reaching across the aisle? He has never done this. Remember his "elections have consequences" line? That's real inclusive.

 

I think his laughable deal with Iran will go down in history as one of the most ludicrous deals ever made.

 

I didn't vote for Obama, either time. I wanted him to do a good job. He is my POTUS too. I truly think he is and was in over his head.

So whites that voted against his are closed minded. Gotcha.

 

The "progressive" who are self-characterized as "tolerant" and open-minded are only "tolerant" to those with similar views. If you disagree, then you are automatically intolerant/bigot/ racist.

 

I didn't say that All Tell, and it's ridiculous of you to draw this conclusion and insinuate that I did. Bring on legitimate commentary all day long, but twisting words or taking them out of context is an illogical petty approach to having a fair discussion.

 

 

Your comment HHSHOG62 was prompted by All Tell's misrepresentation of his ridiculous conclusion to what I have said demonstrating all too well how challenged you both are in maintaining a logical fair discussion. If you've got something intelligent and logical to say, say it, but don't misrepresent my words to further your agenda.

I didn't say that All Tell, and it's ridiculous of you to draw this conclusion and insinuate that I did. Bring on legitimate commentary all day long, but twisting words or taking them out of context is an illogical petty approach to having a fair discussion.

 

 

Your comment HHSHOG62 was prompted by All Tell's misrepresentation of his ridiculous conclusion to what I have said demonstrating all too well how challenged you both are in maintaining a logical fair discussion. If you've got something intelligent and logical to say, say it, but don't misrepresent my words to further your agenda.

 

My post was partially tongue-in-cheek, but it does seem that if you don't agree with someone who considers themselves progressive, you are automatically labelled as intolerant or backwards. Not saying that you are guilty of this, but in general it seems that way.

I didn't say that All Tell, and it's ridiculous of you to draw this conclusion and insinuate that I did. Bring on legitimate commentary all day long, but twisting words or taking them out of context is an illogical petty approach to having a fair discussion.

 

 

Your comment HHSHOG62 was prompted by All Tell's misrepresentation of his ridiculous conclusion to what I have said demonstrating all too well how challenged you both are in maintaining a logical fair discussion. If you've got something intelligent and logical to say, say it, but don't misrepresent my words to further your agenda.

 

 

And fwiw, I tried to present something logical and intelligent, but no one responded, so i figured i would spice things up a little. If you want to keep intelligent dialogue going, it requires some participation.

Nothing better than watching white people tell black people what the black people really think/really mean. lol.

In your opinion.

 

Very insightful. Take you long to think that through?

Very insightful. Take you long to think that through?

 

About as long as your "I will never like any liberal" thought...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.