Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Obama Thread

Featured Replies

He sounded pretty rational to me Sportsaholic Mamaw. IMO if you found it to be anything but then you're just looking for reasons to disapprove, and like what mcpapa said, hearing what you want to hear. You were so sure as well as incorrect which screams how you let your biased mind play tricks on you all for the sake of helping you keep a steadfast disapproval of him.

 

No one said he was irrational, nothing about my life screams bias, I just don't like the stance he has taken with police. Of course I disagree with him on a number of different topics, otherwise I would have voted for him. I don't need to maintain a steadfast disapproval of him, not much time left for his administration. I just hope that very quickly in the next administration, we rebuild our military and try to restore some form of security in the Middle East and deal with the situation of China's aggressions in the Pacific, mend our relations with our allies, create more jobs and improved economy, try to vet any immigrant, try to find a solution for seniors who did not prepare for retirement with any income except Social Security which was a bad idea, try to get some kind of control over illegal drugs and prescription medications on the street. If he can solve any one of these in the coming months I'll give him the credit, begrudgingly so.

:thumb:. I guess that's my short list and hope sometime soon the D's and R's will work together to benefit all Americans not themselves.

  • Replies 149
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will say, that I am a fan of his stance in regards to those calling for him to apologize for Hiroshima and Nagasaki on his upcoming visit to Japan.

Go back and look at it. Obama in press conference proceeded to call Cambridge Police Department, not the arresting officer, "stupid". Word for word. And I agree Exact words do matter. And conjugation and expression and emphasis placed on a particular word matters. That's why I do not like texting and email. Important messages get misinterpreted constantly.

Indeed. Sometimes I wish we could go back to pre-internet times, you know, when people actually picked up the phone and called each other or talked in person.

I will say, that I am a fan of his stance in regards to those calling for him to apologize for Hiroshima and Nagasaki on his upcoming visit to Japan.

 

What is his stance?

What is his stance?

 

That he isn't going to apologize for it.

That he isn't going to apologize for it.

 

I'm glad to hear that! Thanks :thumb:

No one said he was irrational, nothing about my life screams bias, I just don't like the stance he has taken with police. Of course I disagree with him on a number of different topics, otherwise I would have voted for him. I don't need to maintain a steadfast disapproval of him, not much time left for his administration. I just hope that very quickly in the next administration, we rebuild our military and try to restore some form of security in the Middle East and deal with the situation of China's aggressions in the Pacific, mend our relations with our allies, create more jobs and improved economy, try to vet any immigrant, try to find a solution for seniors who did not prepare for retirement with any income except Social Security which was a bad idea, try to get some kind of control over illegal drugs and prescription medications on the street. If he can solve any one of these in the coming months I'll give him the credit, begrudgingly so.

:thumb:. I guess that's my short list and hope sometime soon the D's and R's will work together to benefit all Americans not themselves.

 

We're probably hoping for what's hopeless but I hope for the same, Mamaw.

Personally I think the President is a good dude and would be cool to hang out with and watch a ball game. I'd love to sit down and just pick his brain about a wide range of subjects, just as I would the other living Presidents.

 

Politically I don't agree with much of what the President has said or done, but most of the things that people think are the most egregious are in reality much to do about nothing.

 

I do think the President is doing what he or his advisors think is the best for the country, for the most part, I just tend not to agree with them very often.

 

This is my stance exactly. A guy who likes basketball cant be all bad. Probably a great guy to hang out with. Just his politics and mine do not line up. I would help him any way other than a vote.

Obama coming into with plenty of non-racial political baggage.

 

He was ranked the most liberal Senator in 2007. Its one thing to be liberal its another to be 'the most liberal'.

 

He ran in the same circles and had support of a known domestic terrorist.

 

With his support partial birth abortion and other abortion rights he lost that 1-issue segment of the country.

 

He when out of his way to go after a broader group with the 'cling to their guns and Bibles' statement.

 

With the "I have a pen and will use it.' statement he made it clear the Constitution is something to be bypassed, not defended. So he lost the strict law and order and Constitutionalists there.

 

The point is - his actions before and after taking office would not sit well with those identifying as 'conservatives' and even 'moderates' (I loathe these labels) and he made it clear that in 2009 he had no need to reach or be inclusive. Remember 'we won'?

 

He could have been white, red, yellow, green or purple - many in the country were alienated from this administration and President by policy and hostile statements, not race. They are not going to change and neither is he or those in the administration.

 

At a personal trait level Obama seems enjoy the underdog role and then seems to love to give his opponents the finger when they are vanquished - somewhat literally a number of times. To his credit, his rope-a-dope approach can be very politically effective.

I am not sure how Obama's presidency has affected me either good or bad. I don't hang on every word he speaks trying to find something I can hate him for. I know my father in law owns a small business, he thought Obama care was really tough on him and he ended selling out...

I personally believe that Washington has lost touch of America...I feel the internet and media has played a larger role in "The Great Divide" than Obama. I also feel "The Great Divide" is more a perception than reality, at least in my personal life and my dealings with "different" people and how they are treated and respected.

As a Christian, I don't agree with a lot of what is going on, but I understand everyone has rights and I am opening up to them...Jesus hung out with prostitutes, who am I to judge anyone.

I am a middle age white male, my Dad is much more set in his ways, I hope my young sons grow up and understand there is a lot of good that comes from those that are different.

With all that Soap box said, Obama's presidency is going to be like most presidency's moving forward...Largely over analyzed and polarizing to many because of the internet and 24/7 news.

Gas prices close to where they were when the election was held in "08 and the stock market has doubled. The unemployment number is way lower, but the reasons could be argued. The other two are just straight facts.

Yeah unemployment is basically where it was when he came into office. The 5% quoted number is very deceiving.

Did Obama policy affect gas prices or the stock market?

 

Perhaps the administration increased supply by increasing oil production? Anyone know?

 

Stock market is driven by a lot of different factors so I'm not sure we can say credit may or may not be given to the President

Fwiw, I dont think the current administration, or any US administration for that matter, has very much influence in setting gas prices.

I did not go through this entire thread.

 

Let me just say that President Obama has done a great job as a family man. The Obamas have been a pleasure to see in the White House. I hope his children go on to lots of success and have a blessed life. I also wish the President and his wife well in the future.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.