Holmes Rumored Getting Turf This Summer.

Is this true? If so I heard there will be no home games for the football team or soccer!

I would think unless a major renovation to the stadium is being done, don't know why the field couldn't be ready by fall if all that is being done is a turf field. They don't really need an alternate place for summer practice because "the hole" is right next door.

I would think unless a major renovation to the stadium is being done, don't know why the field couldn't be ready by fall if all that is being done is a turf field. They don't really need an alternate place for summer practice because "the hole" is right next door.

Putting a new turf field down usually IS a major renovation. Usually lots of earth to be moved, infrastructure and drainage to be put in place etc. I'm guessing with the age of the facility, it's not going to be a simple job.

Putting a new turf field down usually IS a major renovation. Usually lots of earth to be moved, infrastructure and drainage to be put in place etc. I'm guessing with the age of the facility, it's not going to be a simple job.

I was just comparing, so to speak, the time when Dixie got turf and a renovation. As I remember, I don't think the Colonels had to give up any home games.

Turf is becoming such a better alternative for so many schools now. If a company is able to create a turf option that gets below that 350K-400K range, you'll see a flock of schools going to turf. Over the life of the turf, it ends up being the cheaper alternative. After paint and upkeep and off season care, not to mention the hours into it's care and painting.

That steep price point is pretty hard for most teams to stomach, though.

I was just comparing, so to speak, the time when Dixie got turf and a renovation. As I remember, I don't think the Colonels had to give up any home games.

It does vary by site. I can't remember the timeline for Dixie, but I do remember When Scotts turf was installed, it wasn't completed until mid season.

Edited by rjs4470