Holmes Rumored Getting Turf This Summer.

Doesn't HC still play home games at Tom Ellis?

I think so. I'm guessing they pay some form of rent a la NewCath at Newport Stadium. If so, I'd suspect that rent money will continue to flow toward installation, upkeep, services, etc.

It does vary by site. I can't remember the timeline for Dixie, but I do remember When Scotts turd was installed, it wasn't completed until mid season.

Probably has a lot to do with location and when installation can begin. For instance, I'd guess if your field was stand alone, they could start quicker than if it was near another field, had shared parking, or other things similar to that.

Holy Cross won't have to worry about a football field after the boom is lowered on them... :banana:

I have NO idea about what is really going on but I'll bet you a Schneider's iceball nothing happens.

I think so. I'm guessing they pay some form of rent a la NewCath at Newport Stadium. If so, I'd suspect that rent money will continue to flow toward installation, upkeep, services, etc.

HC is playing some where else this year.

Putting a new turf field down usually IS a major renovation. Usually lots of earth to be moved, infrastructure and drainage to be put in place etc. I'm guessing with the age of the facility, it's not going to be a simple job.

This statement is true! Holmes field is so lopsided and there are many pipes under the field. From what I heard this rumor is true and they're supposedly making the field wide enough to host regional tournaments for soccer. With them leveling out the ground and everything this could take all season long to complete