Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great Day For UNC Basketball

Featured Replies

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I read looks like they got a pass. Seems to me as if every sport that benefitted from keeping players eligible should face probation and forfeiture of wins...but looks like women's basketball is going to fall on the sword.

:ohbrother: :banghead:

Also, I mowed my grass last week and it grew back.

As I have mentioned before as long as you win the championship during the years you cheat or whatever, then it will get overlooked. The men's team won two titles during this time period. So no way does the NCAA want to punish them because that means one of the top programs loses titles. Just like if Memphis had won that title, I bet nothing happens to them about the Derek Rose thing and instead Kansas gets in trouble for their player. If you win the title they won't come back and get you for those title years. So it's not UNC thing it's an any team who wins a title thing ends up safe for those years.

As I said previously, don't expect Carolina basketball to be hit with anything yet everybody thought I was crazy. Guess I was right. Now recruits won't have to worry about anything. Too bad Jennings was a year early.

Don't know why anyone expected anything less from the NCAA. Corrupt as FIFA.

:ohbrother: :banghead:

 

This.

 

The NCAA is so predictable. What happened at North Carolina is FAR worse than what happened at Louisville or Syracuse.

This.

 

The NCAA is so predictable. What happened at North Carolina is FAR worse than what happened at Louisville or Syracuse.

 

I'm glad I didn't have to say it.

That's why NC didn't impose any sanctions on themselves, they had been told that nothing was coming.

As I have mentioned before as long as you win the championship during the years you cheat or whatever, then it will get overlooked. The men's team won two titles during this time period. So no way does the NCAA want to punish them because that means one of the top programs loses titles. Just like if Memphis had won that title, I bet nothing happens to them about the Derek Rose thing and instead Kansas gets in trouble for their player. If you win the title they won't come back and get you for those title years. So it's not UNC thing it's an any team who wins a title thing ends up safe for those years.

 

It doesn't just mean they lose titles. It means the NCAA was asleep on the job in some obvious situations...... The NCAA can't lose....

This.

 

The NCAA is so predictable. What happened at North Carolina is FAR worse than what happened at Louisville or Syracuse.

 

Been saying this for a while now. It's crazy, but sadly, not surprising.

Other schools that have had more severe sanctions for much less infractions than what UNC committed should be highly upset with the way this has been handled. Memphis and UMass should both hang their Final Four banners and tell the NCAA to kiss off. Louisville and Syracuse should be in revolt mood too.

 

I think the NCAA requires their member schools to sign an agreement that the organization can't be sued by the schools. I could be wrong about that but I believe I heard it somewhere. If that's true they're very fortunate because a lot of schools would be lining up to file lawsuits.

As I said previously, don't expect Carolina basketball to be hit with anything yet everybody thought I was crazy. Guess I was right. Now recruits won't have to worry about anything. Too bad Ingram was a year early.

 

edit

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.