Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Great Day For UNC Basketball

Featured Replies

They did get lucky. But I've also said from the very beginning the odds of them getting in trouble are slim to none. I knew the NCAA wasn't going to come down on them yet everybody thought I was stupid for believing that.

 

I can't speak for everyone else, but I didn't think you were stupid. We just didn't think the NCAA could be this stupid with so much evidence against UNC.

 

If I was any school moving forward, I don't think I'd ever self-sanction. Why would you now?

  • Replies 56
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We believed they'd be punished because of the overwhelming evidence they cheated.

 

I think it was more of a "hope" they'd get in trouble

I can't speak for everyone else, but I didn't think you were stupid. We just didn't think the NCAA could be this stupid with so much evidence against UNC.

 

If I was any school moving forward, I don't think I'd ever self-sanction. Why would you now?

 

No clue. Self sanctions basically say that you are guilty and that's when the NCAA hits you. I've never been a fan of self imposing sanctions.

Can anyone honestly explain to me how it's possible nothing came of this?

I think it was more of a "hope" they'd get in trouble

 

While some "hope" may have existed, let's not pretend it wasn't widely accepted nationwide that the hammer was coming for UNC. It was an overshadowing theme of this year's team.

I truly believe it did not happen because they would of had to vacate a championship and we all know that is not happening, why no punishement for Roy is my question? and loss of scholarships at least?

I never thought UNC would get hit with anything, simply because they are UNC & the NCAA won't touch them. That says more about the NCAA than anything else.

 

This was systematic academic fraud that went on for many, many years. If the NCAA doesn't punish that, they shouldn't punish anything.

 

There are no telling how many students/athletes from different Colleges have used these NC credits to gain eligibility. These classes were known about for years from lots of people.

I truly believe it did not happen because they would of had to vacate a championship and we all know that is not happening, why no punishement for Roy is my question? and loss of scholarships at least?

 

Because Roy was never mentioned? And how are you gonna take scholly's if you are implying (which the NCAA is doing here) that men's basketball is clear and not mentioned in the allegations? Can't punish them for something they technically didn't do according to the NCAA.

Can anyone honestly explain to me how it's possible nothing came of this?

 

Because the NCAA isn't going to bring down the house on a top program. Would have been the same outcome if it were KU, UK or Duke.

Because the NCAA isn't going to bring down the house on a top program. Would have been the same outcome if it were KU, UK or Duke.

 

That's not a real answer. Anything else? So any top program can get away with anything? Louisville fans will be excited to here that news.

That's not a real answer. Anything else?

 

Then keep looking because you're never going to find one.

It's really simple. Little schools that make mistakes or blatantly cheat often get backed into a corner and self impose some type of penalty to 'take the edge off the NCAA' punishment. UNC knew they had the backing of ESPN and their soap box and chose to thumb their nose at the NCAA and dare them to attack the mens basketball program. If the NCAA has any guts at all, they'd treat UNC the same way they'd treat SMU, Memphis, Cleveland State or Fresno.

UNC knew they had the backing of ESPN and their soap box

 

Definitely doesn't hurt to have the President of the largest sports media outlet be an alumnus from your institution.

Definitely doesn't hurt to have the President of the largest sports media outlet be an alumnus from your institution.

 

Who has multiple contracts worth billions with member institutions.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.