Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Article about Coach K lecturing Oregon's Dillon Brooks after game

Featured Replies

I look forward to the congressional hearings on this topic.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Between the audio that has surfaced and 4pointplay's stats above, this has become a bit ugly for Coach K. The problem is the guy hates to lose and he looks at all this through Blue Devil lenses. That makes him condescending at times. He is one of the best passive aggressives out there. He has that Bobby Knight stuff in him that he hides pretty well.

Imagine Coach K's reaction if an opposing coach would have singled out one of his players in the handshake line during 1 of the 7 instances above

Coach K is coming off as a major league jerk on this one

Guy from ESPN stats department tweeted yesterday that there were 7 instances this season where Duke players attempted 3 point shots in the last 45 seconds of games in which Duke was leading by 15+ points.

 

A few of these attempts were within final 10 seconds of game and all were by players who started the game.

 

Selective memory by Coach K or is he applying a double standard ?

 

https://youtu.be/MQbbR-un0tg?t=1h10m20s

I really can't believe how many folks are saying Coach K doesn't have the right to "coach" this young man.

 

The guys a LEGENDARY coach who's coached the USA basketball team for several years. He's not just Dukes coach, he's our coach. I completely agree he shouldn't have denied what happened but he was caught off guard and made a mistake. This has been blown out or proportion.

I just listened to the audio from CBS. Coach K lied.

I just listened to the audio from CBS. Coach K lied.

 

Yep. People can say what they want or get upset, but bottom line is he lied and was hypocritical. That's it. I don't think he needs jail time, though.

Yep. People can say what they want or get upset, but bottom line is he lied and was hypocritical. That's it. I don't think he needs jail time, though.

 

I don't want to hang him or anything but it's a bad look

Seems like some are making a bigger deal of it than it really is. Strange that he would just flat out lie like that thought. Silly situation. Worry about your boy Grayson Allen tripping people.

The lesson to be learned here is K shouldn't have said anything to the kid. We're never to old to learn, I'm sure next time coach K will handle it differently.

Although it's getting blown out of proportion, I love it for Duke's recruiting......

Only Duke haters care about the audio. Duke fans knew what he said and why he said it. Normally when a team concedes the winning team isn't supposed to keep shooting and then celebrate after taking the shot that didn't need to be taken.

 

The same way folks say that Coach K needs to own what he says goes for Duke haters concerned about this non story being sensationalized by the media. Just say you hate Duke because of Christian Laettner. That's what it is anyways. Especially for you folks who I know HATE when teams run the score up.

 

We know the bolded to be true because ... umm ... Coach K said so. Ok...I get it.

 

And the Emperor's not wearing any clothes either.

Although it's getting blown out of proportion' date=' I love it for Duke's recruiting......[/quote']

 

How will this impact Duke's recruiting in any way?

How will this impact Duke's recruiting in any way?

 

I think they should lose their first 2 draft picks, or in this case, their 2 best recruits. I'm really just glad the NCAA didn't catch Coach Cal doing this.;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.