Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Article about Coach K lecturing Oregon's Dillon Brooks after game

Featured Replies

How will this impact Duke's recruiting in any way?

 

The answer to your question is tell me how this helps them in recruiting.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I'm a Kentucky guy, but I commend Coach K for stepping up and doing the right thing. It was a great gesture on his part. But I wonder what all of the Duke fans with their Duke Blue glasses on say now that they thought he had the right to say or do whatever he felt was right now that he just said in this statement that to quote "It is not my place to talk to another teams player."

 

IMO that's Coach K being PC and I don't think he needed to be. He's coached some of the best players on this planet and he's done so with dignity. I bleed blue, UK blue but I love basketball and that man has earned the right to coach whoever/whenever even if they're not on his team.

 

Yes he handled it wrong in the presser, yes he's human and acknowledged his mistake.

He can say whatever he wants to any player in the country. The man knows how to play the game. His statement was perfect for public consumption. Stuff like that isn't hard to do or say.

 

 

Completely agree.

This about Coach K. from the media:

 

During a 2008 press session for the U.S. Olympic team, the coach ridiculed a foreign journalist who asked in hesitant English whether the American team was showing off by dunking too much.

 

"There was no showing off," K said defensively, glaring at the journalist. "You dunk when you have to dunk. Maybe it's a difference in our languages. Maybe in your language playing hard means showing off."

 

And then there was Krzyzewski's most infamous run-in with the media—the student media, that is. In 1990, the coach blew his stack after a student sports reporter in the university newspaper dared to give his team a B+ midseason grade.

 

He summoned ten newspaper staffers to the locker room and let loose with an eight-minute profanity-laced tirade that would have given a gentler man a stroke.

 

Unbeknownst to K, one of the reporters secretly recorded the blowup with a tape recorder hidden in his bag.

 

Not OK to make fun of a foreign person like Coach K. did. He's a phony.

 

So you're going after him over a few comments over the hundreds of thousands if not millions he's made. Ha keep trying

The answer to your question is tell me how this helps them in recruiting.

 

I don't think it hurts them or helps them. I think it will be a non issue for any kid seriously considering going to Duke.

In all seriousness I saw Coach K get caught off guard by the question and instead of talking about what he said to Brooks he kept his comments on the game and not the conversation. Did he lie? Sure. Why take away from what Oregon did by discussing his conversation with Brooks but unbeknownst to him it was already what the media wanted to talk about.

 

All this Coach K is a sore loser talk is misguided IMO. Until the other day I never knew he was considered a sore loser and if he is please get with Thor of Asgard and give me some evidence. Everyone said Cam Newton was a sore loser and I've never seen Coach K act like Cam did after the Super Bowl. If he has then my apologies. I've never seen it though. I've seen a man gracious in defeat more often than not and a man who is quick to give credit to the opposition when Duke loses. Again, if I mistaken please let me know and like Coach K I'll issue a public apology afterwards.

I don't think it hurts them or helps them. I think it will be a non issue for any kid seriously considering going to Duke.

 

 

Correct

  • Author
He can say whatever he wants to any player in the country. The man knows how to play the game. His statement was perfect for public consumption. Stuff like that isn't hard to do or say.

 

That's fine but let me turn it around do you think Coach K would have had a problem if Coach Pitino of Louisville, or Coach Hamilton of Fla. State would have stopped Grayson Allen after their games and told him he was to good to do stunts like tripping players on the floor. I personally don't think Coach K would have liked it to well myself.

That's fine but let me turn it around do you think Coach K would have had a problem if Coach Pitino of Louisville, or Coach Hamilton of Fla. State would have stopped Grayson Allen after their games and told him he was to good to do stunts like tripping players on the floor. I personally don't think Coach K would have liked it to well myself.

 

I guess they should have said something so we'd know.

And now Dillon Brooks struggling today is being blamed on Coach K. :lol2: :lol2:

My take on CoachKgate:

 

First, don't scold the other team's players when shaking hands. I don't care how many great players he has coached. He can say anything he wants to HIS players but not the other team's players. Second, when asked about it, don't lie. He comes across as being pretty petty about the whole thing and his apology did not even address the fact that he lied about it, only that he should not have said anything to the kid.

 

That being said, it is over and is time to move on. The guy is a legend and has done far more good than bad in his career both on the court and off. He screwed up and probably wishes he would have handled the whole thing totally differently. He probably would like a mulligan on this one. I wish I could have had a mulligan about eleventy billion times in my life...

Get rid of the most fake act in sports, the postgame handshake, and this never happens. Postgame handshakes are so stupid and this proves why.

 

I am going to disagree with you on this. Sportsmanship is deteriorating in our sports. I want the handshake to keep happening and sportsmanship kept alive.

How about this report from Deadspin about Coach K. trying to hit on former Duke tennis player and current ESPN reporter Prim Siripipat while she was a college girl:

 

Krzyzewski himself was an unfiltered Chris Rock concert on the Duke campus, but he loved attending the tennis events. It seemed Prim Siripipat had become the object of Coach K.'s affections to many in Durham.

 

 

Nothing like old guys hitting on college chicks. lol

 

Your source is deadspin. Case over.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.