Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Article about Coach K lecturing Oregon's Dillon Brooks after game

Featured Replies

Coach K is no saint and has never claimed to be. I believe him to be one of the top coaches ever in college ball, but to suggest that he has the right to coach a player from another team is shortsighted!

  • Replies 177
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no story here . THE man of integrity plainly explained he never lectured the Oregon player , then video evidence surfaced showed he lied and he did , then he apologized for something he denied doing . There is no story here . Nothing to see , move along .

I'm truly amazed at the amount of people bothered by Coach K briefly telling a kid he's better than that. Lectured and scolded? I wish my dad would have lectured and scolded me like that. Compared to that lecture and scolding Coach K gave Brooks makes me think my dad must have been abusive. :lol2: :lol2:

 

Oh, and in the first half Brooks hit a shot and then talked smack to the Duke bench after making the shot.

People are bothered because he's a liar and a hypocrite

People are bothered because he's a liar and a hypocrite

 

Then why do people keep saying he needs to coach his own players and that he has no right to say whatever he wants to opposing players? That's what I am responding to.

 

A college basketball coach tells a lie????? STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

 

How is is he a hypocrite? Lost me there.

I'm truly amazed at the amount of people bothered by Coach K briefly telling a kid he's better than that. Lectured and scolded? I wish my dad would have lectured and scolded me like that. Compared to that lecture and scolding Coach K gave Brooks makes me think my dad must have been abusive. :lol2: :lol2:

 

Oh, and in the first half Brooks hit a shot and then talked smack to the Duke bench after making the shot.

 

I have no problem with what he said to the kid. I also don't blame the player for shooting the ball.

 

I do have a problem with Coach K lying about it. Just man up and go on.

I have no problem with what he said to the kid. I also don't blame the player for shooting the ball.

 

I do have a problem with Coach K lying about it. Just man up and go on.

 

It's clear it doesn't matter if he lied or not. He's catching hell either way. I hate postgame handshakes.

Then why do people keep saying he needs to coach his own players and that he has no right to say whatever he wants to opposing players? That's what I am responding to.

 

A college basketball coach tells a lie????? STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

 

How is is he a hypocrite? Lost me there.

 

He's a hypocrite because his own players did the same thing 7 times this season. I don't have a problem with his message but I think he needs to tell his own team that. And maybe he did. But I doubt it

He's a hypocrite because his own players did the same thing 7 times this season. I don't have a problem with his message but I think he needs to tell his own team that. And maybe he did. But I doubt it

 

7 times the team they were playing conceded the game and they were just standing around waiting for the clock to hit zeroes and Duke shot the ball to avoid a shot clock violation and celebrated wildly at mid court? After they hit a 3 and talked smack to the opposing team's bench earlier in the game? They did that 7 times this season? Damn, I guess he is a hypocrite. Damn you, Coach K!!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

 

What lineup was on the court for those 7 incidents?

 

Who were they playing?

 

What was the score?

 

Did the other team concede the game or were they still playing defense?

7 times the team they were playing conceded the game and they were just standing around waiting for the clock to hit zeroes and Duke shot the ball to avoid a shot clock violation and celebrated wildly at mid court? After they hit a 3 and talked smack to the opposing team's bench earlier in the game? They did that 7 times this season? Damn, I guess he is a hypocrite. Damn you, Coach K!!!!! :lol2: :lol2:

 

What lineup was on the court for those 7 incidents?

 

Who were they playing?

 

What was the score?

 

Did the other team concede the game or were they still playing defense?

 

I linked the ending to one of these game on Youtube earlier in this thread.

 

FSU was still playing defense at the end of the game despite them having zero chance to win the game. That's the main difference between this and Duke conceding the game to Oregon and Brooks still shooting. Duke wasn't playing any defense at all. They were standing there. They knew the game was over. In those situations the classy and sportsmanlike thing to do is to not shoot the ball. If a team is still choosing to play defense like it is a one possession game then you play on. That's usually how it goes at all levels.

 

Is there any video evidence of a team not playing defense when down double digits with less than 30 seconds left and Duke starters shooting 3s in an attempt to run the score up? Any videos of the losing team conceding to Duke and Duke still shooting?

Why were the starters in?

 

In that game they were still in because FSU never took their starters out. You know as well as I do when then losing team decides to take out their starters then the winning team will follow suit. No D-1 coach is that stupid. Even Cal doesn't clear the bench first unless he is up 20 with under a minute left unless the losing team goes to their bench first. Hell, 12th Region coaches don't even make that blunder.

I'm truly amazed at the amount of people bothered by Coach K briefly telling a kid he's better than that. Lectured and scolded? I wish my dad would have lectured and scolded me like that. Compared to that lecture and scolding Coach K gave Brooks makes me think my dad must have been abusive. :lol2: :lol2

 

 

Somewhere in this thread you seem to not have much respect for the truth in this whole ordeal , to paraphrase you stated something like " wow a college basketball lied , big deal " I think your a good dude PP92 but how would your father reacted to you if you told a whopper of a lie ( on national TV) ? I'd bet he raised you to respect honesty a bit more than your responses here indicate. There is no harm is just stating the obvious , he got caught by video evidence in something he denied doing and had to apologize . And because ESPN has raised him up on a pedestal as a demi - god and a man of tremendous virtue its a huge national story because of how totally dishonest he was .

 

Let alone the fact his own team has fallen short in the sportsmanship category to the point of official league reprimands . Like mentioned already , let some coach grab one of his players and get in their ear and see how he takes it . I think we all know the answer to that . It is a big deal when the most popular , well respected coach in all of college hoops goes on TV and lies about another teams player . Then retracts his story .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.