Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Article about Coach K lecturing Oregon's Dillon Brooks after game

Featured Replies

 

Somewhere in this thread you seem to not have much respect for the truth in this whole ordeal , to paraphrase you stated something like " wow a college basketball lied , big deal " I think your a good dude PP92 but how would your father reacted to you if you told a whopper of a lie ( on national TV) ? I'd bet he raised you to respect honesty a bit more than your responses here indicate. There is no harm is just stating the obvious , he got caught by video evidence in something he denied doing and had to apologize . And because ESPN has raised him up on a pedestal as a demi - god and a man of tremendous virtue its a huge national story because of how totally dishonest he was .

 

Let alone the fact his own team has fallen short in the sportsmanship category to the point of official league reprimands . Like mentioned already , let some coach grab one of his players and get in their ear and see how he takes it . I think we all know the answer to that . It is a big deal when the most popular , well respected coach in all of college hoops goes on TV and lies about another teams player . Then retracts his story .

 

A whopper of a lie? Come on now. This is a white lie. Not a whopper of a lie.

 

Your post is a testament to how overblown this whole story has been. Especially when you add in the fact that Dillon Brooks said he has had issues with being respectful on the court in the past and is still learning to channel his emotions in a better fashion. And don't forget that Dillon Brooks apologized for his on court antics. So, yeah, I'm not going to begrudge Coach K for telling a white lie about his 3 second conversation with a kid that even the kid says "should have stayed between them on the court".

 

Coach K's white lie is another way of saying "mind your own business".

 

And yes, my father raised me to respect honesty and I live my life being as honest as possible. I'm also not naive either. I guarantee you Coach K as well as every other coach in college basketball has told a much bigger lie with much bigger ramifications than this so called "whopper of a lie".

  • Replies 177
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to remove the blue devil goggles. " K's white lie is another way of saying mind your own business " - SMH . :no:

Sadly you have lost all credibility on this topic .

I have no problem with what he said to the kid. I also don't blame the player for shooting the ball.

 

I do have a problem with Coach K lying about it. Just man up and go on.

 

Two D1 coaches I asked about it feel exactly the opposite of you. They would each have an issue with him coaching-up their kids in the line ("you think he would have been okay if Grayson had been spoken to after his stuff"?), but are 100% fine with him blowing it off in the press conference.

 

Keep in mind, to coaches, lying in a press conference is as commonplace as you and I having lunch. Just what it is.

It's clear it doesn't matter if he lied or not. He's catching hell either way. I hate postgame handshakes.

 

You are right, he will catch it either way but I think this would have died down quicker if he had just said what he told him instead of lying about it.

You are right, he will catch it either way but I think this would have died down quicker if he had just said what he told him instead of lying about it.

 

Maybe. Or the whole thing would have blown up about how appropriate it is for a coach to say something to an opposing player. I think Coach K was in a no win situation as soon as he said what he said to Brooks.

Maybe. Or the whole thing would have blown up about how appropriate it is for a coach to say something to an opposing player. I think Coach K was in a no win situation as soon as he said what he said to Brooks.

 

You're right. He was not going to win in this situation. A lot of coaches would be in the same boat.

Two D1 coaches I asked about it feel exactly the opposite of you. They would each have an issue with him coaching-up their kids in the line ("you think he would have been okay if Grayson had been spoken to after his stuff"?), but are 100% fine with him blowing it off in the press conference.

 

Keep in mind, to coaches, lying in a press conference is as commonplace as you and I having lunch. Just what it is.

 

So those coaches believe Coach K would have had an issue with Pitino if Pitino had told Grayson he's too good of a player to act like that on the court?

 

Those dirty, lying coaches are telling whopper lies in press conferences??? Who knew?!?!?!?:lol2:

So those coaches believe Coach K would have had an issue with Pitino if Pitino had told Grayson he's too good of a player to act like that on the court?

Yes, exactly the case. They believe that he should have addressed Dana and let Dana pass it along. Yes, they believe had Pitino said "Grayson, you're too good to be a cheap-shot artist", K would have been salty.

 

Coaching up other people's kids is a no-no. You know this PP.

So if Dillon Brooks takes Coach K's words to heart and shows better "respect for the game" on the court then Coach K is still a lying, scandalous coach who lacks integrity?

So if Dillon Brooks takes Coach K's words to heart and shows better "respect for the game" on the court then Coach K is still a lying, scandalous coach who lacks integrity?

Is that to me? I've not said any of those, just that he shouldn't be addressing kids on the other team in such a fashion.

Yes, exactly the case. They believe that he should have addressed Dana and let Dana pass it along. Yes, they believe had Pitino said "Grayson, you're too good to be a cheap-shot artist", K would have been salty.

 

Coaching up other people's kids is a no-no. You know this PP.

 

It happens all of the time. All of the time. This was just caught on camera and audio for the world to see. I guess it's a good thing there aren't anyone recording many high school games these days.

Is that to me? I've not said any of those, just that he shouldn't be addressing kids on the other team in such a fashion.

 

Nope. General question for everyone in the thread. Coach K is and has been an and assessor to the game for a long time. He says something to a kid after the game that may help the kid on down the road. Obviously the kid's coach isn't helping him out. Other coaches should just let him go by the wayside because of the unwritten rule of not coaching another coach's kid?

 

I've it before and I'll say it again, if a coach said that to my kid after my kid acted a fool on the court I would be 100% okay with another coach saying something like that to my kid.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.