Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Article about Coach K lecturing Oregon's Dillon Brooks after game

Featured Replies

One of the best coaches in the history of college basketball is all I have ever called him.

 

That is fair. What do you think of him in regards to the legit stories posted in this thread from national media types over the years? Not an angel, right? That's all I was saying.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many of you would be all up in arms over this if Tony Bennett or Mike Brey had done the same thing?

That is fair. What do you think of him in regards to the legit stories posted in this thread from national media types over the years? Not an angel, right? That's all I was saying.

 

I never claimed him to be an angel. I don't think any coach is an angel and most players aren't either.

The shame of Coach K and Joe Paterno is that the mainstream media shields them until the cats are finally slipping out of their hidden bags. Then, like Joe Pa, they all jump in. Coach K. has plenty of skeletons that show he is less than a person of integrity. But some just dismiss it sand say "But he's a great coach" and turn a blind eye. The media down in Western Kentucky knows about the Harper/3 players suspended story, but they are not ALLOWED to run it because the BG Daily News has a partnership with WKU and can't afford to lose the advertising. But as soon as the Courier-Journal breaks it, the BG Daily News will run a softer version off the AP wire to keep the WKU Prez happy. Same with Coach K and Joe Pa for many of the sheep who blindly follow them.

I never claimed him to be an angel. I don't think any coach is an angel and most players aren't either.

 

Agree with you totally.

The shame of Coach K and Joe Paterno is that the mainstream media shields them until the cats are finally slipping out of their hidden bags. Then' date=' like Joe Pa, they all jump in. Coach K. has plenty of skeletons that show he is less than a person of integrity. But some just dismiss it sand say "But he's a great coach" and turn a blind eye. The media down in Western Kentucky knows about the Harper/3 players suspended story, but they are not ALLOWED to run it because the BG Daily News has a partnership with WKU and can't afford to lose the advertising. But as soon as the Courier-Journal breaks it, the BG Daily News will run a softer version off the AP wire to keep the WKU Prez happy. Same with Coach K and Joe Pa for many of the sheep who blindly follow them.[/quote']

 

Comparing K and this situation to Coach Paterno and what happened at Penn State is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on BGP.

Comparing K and this situation to Coach Paterno and what happened at Penn State is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on BGP.

 

I'm comparing the laundry list of shady behavior by Coach K. that has been dismissed by the media with a blind eye over the years. Read the links in prior posts before you make idiotic replies.

Comparing K and this situation to Coach Paterno and what happened at Penn State is one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on BGP.

 

He is a liar in two stories, a whining crybaby in another, hitting on college tennis players in another despite being married.

 

Is this shady enough for Coach K to be compared to others whose behavior was concealed for years?

  • Author
So yeah, as I was saying, there are some UK fans who can't have an objective conversation about Duke because of their hatred for Duke and when I see it I won't be any more objective than those UK fans.

 

:D

 

Hey PP92 you might have set a record when you got on your account for the number of quotes you would have had on your account. :lol2::clap::lol::wacky:

I'm comparing the laundry list of shady behavior by Coach K. that has been dismissed by the media with a blind eye over the years. Read the links in prior posts before you make idiotic replies.

 

I read them, and I stand by my statement. There's no comparison.

One thing I've gathered from this tit for tat is PP chooses his politics the way he chooses his sports team . Lying from his " side" is OK and acceptable , they are just white lies , misunderstandings or acceptable in the situation in which one was placed . But lies from conservatives and statements from UK fans are rubbish and have no weight . That's the way I see it .

One thing I've gathered from this tit for tat is PP chooses his politics the way he chooses his sports team . Lying from his " side" is OK and acceptable , they are just white lies , misunderstandings or acceptable in the situation in which one was placed . But lies from conservatives and statements from UK fans are rubbish and have no weight . That's the way I see it .

 

I just wish PP had gave his opinion on what he thinks about Coach K. and the situations from media reports about his antics in the past. As PP said, none of these coaches are angels, granted this is true. But Coach K. is a hypocrite and even worse (see Prim Siripipat, Roy Williams dad, student media outrage) person than these Coach K. groupies will ever admit.

One thing I've gathered from this tit for tat is PP chooses his politics the way he chooses his sports team . Lying from his " side" is OK and acceptable , they are just white lies , misunderstandings or acceptable in the situation in which one was placed . But lies from conservatives and statements from UK fans are rubbish and have no weight . That's the way I see it .

 

That's on you. I don't know why anyone would think that I wouldn't defend Coach K. If folks want to be objective then I'll be objective. If folks want to be fanboys then I'll be a fanboy. Most people here on BGP know I roll like that.

 

If folks say Coach K is a sore loser or a hypocrite then I am going to ask you to prove it. If folks want to say he is a horrible human being then I'll probably agree with them. Coach K violated an unwritten rule in basketball by coaching another player and then lied about it to the media when asked about it. Why? I have no clue but I have my speculations just like everyone else does. Just because my speculations aren't the same as yours or have a different shade of blue behind them doesn't make mine any more or less credible than anyone else's on here. That's my main issue with every negative Duke thread on here and why I say what I say in Duke threads. Because it doesn't matter. So many of you hate Duke for whatever reason that a reasonable discussion is ruined the minute the thread is started.

nuff said , Happy Easter to you and your fam PP .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.