Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Article about Coach K lecturing Oregon's Dillon Brooks after game

Featured Replies

PP92 the reason I believe K was wrong to say anything to the kid is it opens up to many possibilities for things to go bad. What if the kid tells K to F off. Would the kid be wrong? What if K or one of his players gets upset and things get nasty. Who's at fault! K had nothing to gain and much to lose.

  • Replies 177
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nuff said , Happy Easter to you and your fam PP .

 

Same to you and yours, manitoudan! :thumb:

Coach K has an incredible resume. That doesnt mean that he hasnt had his moments. If you put someone under a micoscope, you will find flaws. I dont think he is any different in this matter. I was a little surprised by his latest little deal, but when finishing his apology, I found it very telling that he couldnt just sign the letter. He had to throw in all his titles. I always view those types of things as insecurities. How can a graduate of west point and the all time winningest bball coach be so insecure as to not just sign your name............

Edited by jlow

^ another insecure biased Ky fan . Ha Ha K really came across in conflict with much of what he preaches on this one.

This thread is 3 pages long and you waited until today to jump in. I haven't changed any subjects or waivered from anything I have said. I've answered every question and I still have questions that have been unanswered. Not my fault you jumped in too late and still don't like what I am saying.

 

:lol2: :lol2:

 

This young man was treated so badly? :lol2: The same young man who had a poor game yesterday and the media blamed it on Coach K? Yeah, he shouldn't be treated so badly after acting a fool on national television. :lol2:

 

Coach K's integrity has been questioned for many years. People who hate Coach K wait for moments like this to validate their opinion of him. I think it's cute. As I said in the post above the only thing I am calling him is one of the greatest coaches ever. This whole story is a non issue to me. It doesn't change my stance on Coach K. It doesn't change anything for me about anyone or anything. I do think that if we take a look into this thread we see who this bothers the most.

 

For one thing, it was Holy Week culminating in Easter Sunday, busy week. For another, I can reply to any posts at any time. Paid my money same as you so you don't get to reprimand me. What part do you not understand? This was an adult in a very high position calling a young man a liar. He abused his position and played on the fact that people give credence to his honesty, it never occurred to me to question his truthfulness. The young man had a tough game yesterday, and I did not agree that Thursday's debacle was reason for cause. Win some lose some.

For one thing, it was Holy Week culminating in Easter Sunday, busy week. For another, I can reply to any posts at any time. Paid my money same as you so you don't get to reprimand me. What part do you not understand? This was an adult in a very high position calling a young man a liar. He abused his position and played on the fact that people give credence to his honesty, it never occurred to me to question his truthfulness. The young man had a tough game yesterday, and I did not agree that Thursday's debacle was reason for cause. Win some lose some.

 

You post as much hyperbole as Rick Pitino. Reprimand? Nah, that post wasn't a reprimand. That's just me being sarcastic smart aleck.

 

You sure can post anytime you want about whatever you want and if you come in three days late and try to "reprimand" me then be prepared for whatever response from me that comes.

You post as much hyperbole as Rick Pitino. Reprimand? Nah, that post wasn't a reprimand. That's just me being sarcastic smart aleck.

 

You sure can post anytime you want about whatever you want and if you come in three days late and try to "reprimand" me then be prepared for whatever response from me that comes.

Hyperbole? I did not need to embellish or exaggerate. Coach k and his hyperbole is the offender in this one, not myself. I never posted earlier because I did not think anyone would back him up in his lie. I'm glad I have your approval to post, thank you. All coach k had to do was come forward and tell the truth and apologize to that young man or tell the truth to begin with. I'm sorry if you do not understand or think he did no wrong to that young man's character with his lie. Look, like yourself, I had a Dad who laid down the law, and I guess that is why it came as a disappointment that coach k would tell a lie. Maybe, being a sarcastic smart aleck, (your own words) a man's word is his honor doesn't mean anything anymore. If this were my son, the anointed one would hear a lot more than hyperbole. On this we will never agree. Not once, in all my posts have I made comments about your person. This has now become personal and in that I will not participate.

Hyperbole? I did not need to embellish or exaggerate. Coach k and his hyperbole is the offender in this one, not myself. I never posted earlier because I did not think anyone would back him up in his lie. I'm glad I have your approval to post, thank you. All coach k had to do was come forward and tell the truth and apologize to that young man or tell the truth to begin with. I'm sorry if you do not understand or think he did no wrong to that young man's character with his lie. Look, like yourself, I had a Dad who laid down the law, and I guess that is why it came as a disappointment that coach k would tell a lie. Maybe, being a sarcastic smart aleck, (your own words) a man's word is his honor doesn't mean anything anymore. If this were my son, the anointed one would hear a lot more than hyperbole. On this we will never agree. Not once, in all my posts have I made comments about your person. This has now become personal and in that I will not participate.

 

I was talking about how you said I reprimanded you. :lol2:

I was talking about how you said I reprimanded you. :lol2:

 

To bring closure to all of this, you must admit there are a lot of skeletons in Coach K's closet that have been overlooked by many media over the years. Many of those were posted earlier in this thread, and it is obvious Coach K is not a very good person. I did not even provide the Cory Maggette situation and how Coach K mishandled that entire fiasco with the AAU handler.

To bring closure to all of this, you must admit there are a lot of skeletons in Coach K's closet that have been overlooked by many media over the years. Many of those were posted earlier in this thread, and it is obvious Coach K is not a very good person. I did not even provide the Cory Maggette situation and how Coach K mishandled that entire fiasco with the AAU handler.

 

You're not bringing anything new to the light that I haven't already discussed on here before. Coach K is one of the greatest coaches ever. They all have skeletons. They all have egos. They all do stuff that they may or may not get caught doing. Folks finally were able to have another gotcha moment with Coach K and they are all elated. I get it. Life goes on.

So, the way this works, start a thread then the "moderator" shouts down and insults everyone on the thread who doesn't agree with that view. And you put a thread at the beginning to say no one should insult and attack another person for you will be suspended or whatever, just omitted the fact that these rules don't apply to the moderator. As big a farce as Americans thinking they live in a democracy.

So' date=' the way this works, start a thread then the "moderator" shouts down and insults everyone on the thread who doesn't agree with that view. And you put a thread at the beginning to say no one should insult and attack another person for you will be suspended or whatever, just omitted the fact that these rules don't apply to the moderator. As big a farce as Americans thinking they live in a democracy.[/quote']

 

 

You need thicker skin if you think you were attacked.

 

Wont be his last either. Heck if I was the kid that got talked to by Coach K I would take it to heart. He got a quick talking to from one of the greatest coaches of all time. I would put down a million dollars that if Brooks was in the same position again he would take the shot clock violation instead of the shot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.