HS-MS Athletic Costs

How much does it does cost to play athletics in your school, in a round about fashion? Just wanting some feedback because in discussions with a parent from Pendleton who has 2 students involved with multiple athletic programs is pretty much looking at hefty expense. I don't feel this right so wanted some insight from others.

Thanks a head time!:D

Most schools have athletic fees, that cover basic expenses and maybe drug testing. Then you pay additional depending on the sport. I would be surprised if you really get out for less than$100 for any sport. Lets face it with AAU and other programs, we have allowed the schools to become pay to play.

Most schools have athletic fees, that cover basic expenses and maybe drug testing. Then you pay additional depending on the sport. I would be surprised if you really get out for less than$100 for any sport. Lets face it with AAU and other programs, we have allowed the schools to become pay to play.

I would agree with you there. Its kind of hard to complain about forking out a fee for a school sponsored team when some of us are plunking down money to put little Johnny on AAU ballclubs.

I just don't ever remember having to pay to play when I was in school but back then AAU was not as prevelant. Also being a former coach in the school system, I know that it equates to about .10cents per hour so if part of the athletic fees go toward the coach's stipend.. so be it IMO.

I agree that it's hard to worry about school fees when AAU fees are forked out. But, my understanding is that between these 2 students, the costs are pushing $1000.00. The girls soccer team bought there on uniforms this year? What's up with that? Middle school B-Ball costs are pushing over $150.00? Again what's up with that? Girls basketball is being told the cost is $450.00. Is this reasonable for a public school system to put on to the parents of student athletes? Sounds like only the rich get to play in athletics. Forget the AAU, summer camps, etc. We're only looking at the school systems fees.