Everything posted by JumpMan89
-
Pendleton @ Campbell Predictions 1/12
Campbell by 5-10.
-
Coaches...
Time will tell and also what kind of interest he shows in the youth basketball program in PC. Recent coaches have displayed no interest at all in developing the youth, other than a "make some money" camp through the summer. I believe most will agree that the recent success of PC's program wasn't the result of the coaching staff of the county working with those individuals as the came up through the ranks, it was the parents who took the time and efforts to develop the players from about 3rd grade on in a program "outside" of the county. Don't misinterpret this the coaches didn't play a major role with the players they had, just keep in mind they didn't instantly become a major force when they all became Juniors and Seniors. I'm glad the Football Boosters of PC are working the program from the ground up. IMO, the way it should be done with all programs.
-
HS-MS Athletic Costs
I agree that it's hard to worry about school fees when AAU fees are forked out. But, my understanding is that between these 2 students, the costs are pushing $1000.00. The girls soccer team bought there on uniforms this year? What's up with that? Middle school B-Ball costs are pushing over $150.00? Again what's up with that? Girls basketball is being told the cost is $450.00. Is this reasonable for a public school system to put on to the parents of student athletes? Sounds like only the rich get to play in athletics. Forget the AAU, summer camps, etc. We're only looking at the school systems fees.
-
HS-MS Athletic Costs
How much does it does cost to play athletics in your school, in a round about fashion? Just wanting some feedback because in discussions with a parent from Pendleton who has 2 students involved with multiple athletic programs is pretty much looking at hefty expense. I don't feel this right so wanted some insight from others. Thanks a head time!
-
2006-07 10th Region
Agreed, plus unless my memory fails me (which occurs sometimes), this JV team with Belcher only lost about 2-3 games in the 2004-2005 season. Regardless, Mason will ride the top, PC should ride around 5th in the region.
-
Graves Co. 46 South Laurel 45 OT
WOW !!!! Way to go Graves, so much for the poll on the state championship. G:flame:
-
Mason County 62 Warren Central 59
Great win for the Royals!! Hard fought game by both teams. Congrats to Warren Central for an outstanding 3 years thus far, and I'm sure more to come. Won't surprise me that these two young teams cross paths again in the future. Go Royals!! :dancingpa
-
CCH Student Section at Rupp
Student section was great and entertaining. Had the whole place waving at one one point during the half. :ylsuper:
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
I agree as with any school in this circumstance, see previous post. What's the point with Pendleton County? Maybe I missed a previous post about PC's crowd. Anyway; yes, they brought a great crowd during the past 2 years. Compared to 5 years ago, probably doubled in size. Starting next year, will the crowd count go down. Of course. But my thing is that this happens with almost all schools. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe your alluding to the point that when a school is having a great year, then the region needs to held in a facility to support the followers of the team during that time frame. Which I totally agree and that's why the MC Fieldhouse is the best choice, for now.
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
Any school can bring a "good" crowd at any time. Also, any school who ranks in the top 10 or even top 25 in the state will bring an "exceptional" or larger than normal crowd. Will PC's be down next? Probably so, but the past 2 years the Royal crowd was down in comparison to the Feldhaus and Lofton years. Which if not badly mistaken, they were also ranked high in the state during those time frames.
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
So I guess it's all about the money, and not about the student athletes?? :confused:
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
:ylsuper: Now you talking about teams. About a "fair shake". That's the way I see it.
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
Thanks for the info on Mason County, and WOW.... Of course, there is the talent level of MC. I would expect them to be in the finals more than most, but this more than 50% of the time. With this information, then I would agree there is home court advantage here, regardless of talent.
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
I agree with the talent. But, I would still like to see the breakdown if anyone can get it. IMO, if MC usually produces the most talent, then why give them home advantage also? I've been the Fieldhouse and thoroughly agree it's the best place for the 10th region tournament, by far. Yet, I feel that there is valid arguement for an unfair advantage. Travel, location, etc. has been addressed and discussed. But what about the teams and players? Nothing ever has been mentioned about the teams and players advantages or disadvantages. You can talk about parking all you want, but I'm for the kids chances to win, not gym size. I guess even in High School Basketball, it's all about the money, which is a shame.
-
Mason County Hosting the Region???
Can anyone in this region list who has won how many regional tournaments since it has been held at the MC Fieldhouse? I'm just curious I'm not for sure, but it wouldn't surprise if MC Royals has won more than any other team in the 10th region. Is that an advanatage or not?
-
Who will win the State Tournament?
Re-post this next year....and probably the year after that also. Would love to see Cov Cath do well....Still see PRP and S. Laurel in the finals.
-
FreakNasty's Sweet Sixteen Preview/Projections
Great lay out on this. I do have to say that I don't see Warren Central capitalizing over Mason County. I feel the Royals will make the quarterfinals and bow out to PRP. Will love to see the match up with Shelby and South Laurel, but IMO South Laurel will pull this out. PRP and S Laurel in the finals. S Laurel cuts down the nets, in OT.
-
Best talent for PC next year?
Agreed, but needs to pump his confidence up, sometimes he's little timid to perform to his full abilities, which I've seen before. Overall, PC's upcoming clan will have great hustle, strength, and poise to support Belcher in the middle. Without a load of "basketball" talent, PC will definately be down next year, but not out. I'd say District Champs, but will bow out in the Regional, second round at best.