February 28, 201610 yr 6 Ls to teams outside the RPI top 50 isn't a glowing resume for success in the tournament...
February 28, 201610 yr 6 Ls to teams outside the RPI top 50 isn't a glowing resume for success in the tournament... Somebody is going to win 6 straight right?
February 28, 201610 yr Then why would you choose your username. If you hate Cal for losing as often as he does you must really hate Mark Stoops. I had this name before Stoops and Cal! :laugh:
February 28, 201610 yr 6 Ls to teams outside the RPI top 50 isn't a glowing resume for success in the tournament... It might be just 5. This win could move Vandy into the top 50.
February 28, 201610 yr All of UK wins since Cal has been here has been wins on pure talent. I haven't seen him coach a team yet! Calipari is the most overrated coach in college basketball history! The 2011 and 2014 teams would argue that. His coaching and changes he made during those years is what helped them go on their great runs and beat better teams on the way to the final four those years. So far this year he also has made great adjustments to this team. So the usual yawn and zzzzz post would have worked again for your post.
February 28, 201610 yr I think this year may be Cal's best coaching season at UK. I like what he has done with this team making changes throughout the season. This team is limited and flawed in so many ways. Right now, they are probably a 4 seed and may win the conference.
February 28, 201610 yr Count me as someone who thinks the FT epidemic under Cal is unwarranted/ridiculous. You have Briscoe who touches the ball a lot and shoots under 50% and Lee shooting under 40%. O was at an 8th grade game tonight and both teams combined didn't miss 6 FTs. So what the deal. If you are a D1 college player there is just zero excuse not to shoot at least 50%. As far as Matt Jones goes, he's a die hard UK fan who is trying, almost forcing his way into the role of the late great Cawood Ledford only with a louder mouth. Hanging up on loyal fans for "gasp" criticizing the obvious? How dare they? Pretty bush league, on at 1 A.M. DJ Stuff there
February 28, 201610 yr I really didn't think the refs were that bad overall the one ref Don Daily I thought had a bad game both ways at times. That's it and what I meant in blasting the SEC officials. IMO the SEC officials as a whole are bad. I have watched some SEC games not involving U.K. and the refs were bad. No bias or cheating, just lousy officiating both ways. Having said that, I do believe that the guy that kicked Cal out at SC has a personal dislike for Cal as Cal does him as well. The first T was definitely deserved and I can only guess what Cal said when he went to the scorers desk after him so the second, ejection probably was warranted. My problem with that game was the total hosing of U.K. on non calls on very obvious fouls that led up to that exchange. I may be wrong but I do think that one ref (can't think of his name) along with Doug Shows seems to enjoy calling against Cal. Maybe they don't, I obviously don't know them. What's funny, ironic is that in the one game I felt UK got a hosing on officiating (if they did or not) ....was the SC game when the Cats won big so who knows. :idunno: :lol:
February 28, 201610 yr The 2011 and 2014 teams would argue that. His coaching and changes he made during those years is what helped them go on their great runs and beat better teams on the way to the final four those years. So far this year he also has made great adjustments to this team. So the usual yawn and zzzzz post would have worked again for your post. I agree. I think Cal has actually over achieved this year considering that Skal has been a complete flop and his front court leaves a lot to be desired. I have no problems with his coaching this season other than it took him a while to understand how important Willis was to this team and finally decided to allow him enough playing time to get comfortable in his role. He was forever yanking him out for the slightest mistake.
February 28, 201610 yr The bottom line is, on hear it seems like it is always the refs playing a huge part in the Cats loss. Doesn't matter what I post next because that fact won't change. So I will just set back and laugh at let's blame the refs party again.It does seem that way at times but as said in a post above, the only game that I have commented that U.K. was a victim of getting a hack job done on them by the officials was a game that the Cats won in a blowout. I usually don't say anything about officiating and if I do its that calls were bad both ways. So, I respectfully ask that you don't clump all of us U.K. fans together.
February 28, 201610 yr 6 Ls to teams outside the RPI top 50 isn't a glowing resume for success in the tournament... Unfortunately for the Cats...this may be a short tourney! I would have never envisioned them having this much trouble less than two weeks away from the SEC tournament. Tired and undisciplined basketball doesn't win games. Hoping they can gain some momentum against Fl & LSU which will not be an easy task. Go Cats!!!
February 28, 201610 yr I really don't care to much about college basketball. Only watch it if there is nothing else on. So when I do watch UK I expect them to win they have the best recruits right? If only Cal could coach them up. I guess I was the only one to here his comments a few weeks ago saying he hasn't taught them how to win. Apparently he still hasn't taught them yet! You must have really hated Joe B Hall.
February 28, 201610 yr The bottom line is, on here it seems like it is always the refs playing a huge part in the Cats loss. Doesn't matter what I post next because that fact won't change. So I will just set back and laugh at let's blame the refs party again. Another correction
February 28, 201610 yr I really find it very difficult to believe that Isiah Briscoe was a decent shooter in high school. If you look at his stats his senior year it SAYS he shot 36% from 3, (30 for 83) and 70%, (155 for 222), from the foul line. What the heck happened especially from the foul line? I cringe every time he shoots the ball from farther than 5 feet. I love the way he gets to the basket and he has very good handles but his shooting has to put him up there with the worst shooting guards I have ever seen at the college level. Could the young man need to have his eyes checked? How do you go from what he apparently did in high school to what he has become in college. I will admit that the competition level is much greater now but I am baffled by his numbers.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.