Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 74 Kentucky 62

Featured Replies

I had this name before Stoops and Cal! :laugh:

And you are entitled to your opinions, even if they're not reality based.

  • Replies 98
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really find it very difficult to believe that Isiah Briscoe was a decent shooter in high school. If you look at his stats his senior year it SAYS he shot 36% from 3, (30 for 83) and 70%, (155 for 222), from the foul line. What the heck happened especially from the foul line? I cringe every time he shoots the ball from farther than 5 feet. I love the way he gets to the basket and he has very good handles but his shooting has to put him up there with the worst shooting guards I have ever seen at the college level. Could the young man need to have his eyes checked? How do you go from what he apparently did in high school to what he has become in college. I will admit that the competition level is much greater now but I am baffled by his numbers.

 

I have heard this speculated. His physique significantly has changed since he got here, and I understand that it's possible for that to change a person's coordination for a while.

 

I'm not definitively declaring this, but it sounds plausible to me.

  • Author
I really don't care to much about college basketball. Only watch it if there is nothing else on. So when I do watch UK I expect them to win they have the best recruits right? If only Cal could coach them up. I guess I was the only one to here his comments a few weeks ago saying he hasn't taught them how to win. Apparently he still hasn't taught them yet! :D

 

It's amazing then that you must only watch them when they lose. We might be able to win it all if you didn't watch them. LOL As a poster said earlier in this thread you never psot anything after a win, so according to you that means you must not have watched them those nights.:rolleyes:

It's amazing then that you must only watch them when they lose. We might be able to win it all if you didn't watch them. LOL As a poster said earlier in this thread you never psot anything after a win, so according to you that means you must not have watched them those nights.:rolleyes:

 

I watched the game last week.

6 Ls to teams outside the RPI top 50 isn't a glowing resume for success in the tournament...

 

It's a resume that shows they very easily could be out right away but also a team that can make a run too with how wide open it is this year. It will come down to matchups. This team sucks on the road but the tournament is a neutral site and neutral site games in the tournament end up being like home games in the tournament for UK.

 

This team relies so much on the jump shot. So if they are missing then it could be a quick out. If they get hot at that right time and our healthy then wouldn't be a surprise to make a run either.

You have to be a complete homer to put UK as a top 5 championship contender.

I expected this loss before the season. Vandy has been one of the nation's biggest disappointments. I also expected the A&M loss before the season started. These losses hurt more because of the bad losses to UT, tOSU, and Auburn.

And I have said this before, but I dislike Vandy more than any other SEC team. By a mile.

uk#1fan is the real life version of LRCW's reverse jinx. Always bash cause when they lose, you look like a genius and when they win, oh well they are supposed to, they have the most talent.

 

I can't even defend UK fans anymore cause there are too many like uk#1fan and they make the rest of us look bad. Are you sure you weren't watching the game at Rhinegeist yeaterday? Cause that guy constantly yelling obscenities and saying "why aren't you guys trying at all", falls in the same category.

uk#1fan is the real life version of LRCW's reverse jinx. Always bash cause when they lose, you look like a genius and when they win, oh well they are supposed to, they have the most talent.

 

I can't even defend UK fans anymore cause there are too many like uk#1fan and they make the rest of us look bad. Are you sure you weren't watching the game at Rhinegeist yeaterday? Cause that guy constantly yelling obscenities and saying "why aren't you guys trying at all", falls in the same category.

 

I don't blame the refs. If the players are not doing their job I blame the coach. If they can't score, make free throws, play defense or rebound why is Calipari giving them playing time? It all comes down to coaching.

And I have said this before, but I dislike Vandy more than any other SEC team. By a mile.

 

 

Don't forget to add Stallings.

I don't blame the refs. If the players are not doing their job I blame the coach. If they can't score, make free throws, play defense or rebound why is Calipari giving them playing time? It all comes down to coaching.

Are you blaming the 5 X national championship coach at Duke for the Blue Devil's 8 losses this year, same total UK has? Pitt blew them away today. Sometimes the talent just isn't what it is in past years. This year is one of those years. Skal didn't pan out like the national pundits and Calipari thought he would. That happens sometimes. All in all considering the situation with Skal, the numerous injuries throughout the season, and lack of quality depth, I think Cal has done alright. UK is rated in the top 15, tied for the SEC top spot, will probably get a 4 seed, and who knows, may make it farther in the NCAA than many think.

You have to be a complete homer to put UK as a top 5 championship contender.

 

They have just as a good chance as anyone else. They won't be playing any road games in the tournament. Anything can happen this season.

They have just as a good chance as anyone else. They won't be playing any road games in the tournament. Anything can happen this season.

 

Even though we know what we'll get from our bigs, it's been a while since we've been at full strength too.

 

If everyone is healthy and the ball bounces the right away a couple of times, the Cats could make a run at a Final Four.

Even though we know what we'll get from our bigs, it's been a while since we've been at full strength too.

 

If everyone is healthy and the ball bounces the right away a couple of times, the Cats could make a run at a Final Four.

 

Exactly. They just didn't play well. It's not just "homers" picking UK. I saw several national guys who think this team can make a run. It's not like the rest of College Bball is setting the world on fire either.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.