Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Vanderbilt 74 Kentucky 62

Featured Replies

So in reading the refs again played a major role in the Vats loss.

 

41.8% FROM THE FIELD

27.3 FROM 3

43.5% FROM THE LINE

 

I wonder how much that played into it?

 

had to make a correction.:sssh:

  • Replies 98
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So in ready the refs again played a major role in the Vats loss.

 

41.8% FROM THE FIELD

27.3 FROM 3

43.5% FROM THE LINE

 

I wonder how much that played into it?

 

0 bench points from the Cats today.

 

newarkcatholicfan ... read the two above posts. There is a connection to how refs could have made an impact on today's result. I will wait for your insightful response.

newarkcatholicfan ... read the two above posts. There is a connection to how refs could have made an impact on today's result. I will wait for your insightful response.
I'm a little confused as to what you're saying here? Are you saying the officials had an impact on UK's bench having zero production? :confused:

The bottom line is, on hear it seems like it is always the refs playing a huge part in the Cats loss. Doesn't matter what I post next because that fact won't change. So I will just set back and laugh at let's blame the refs party again.

They have to have another scorer with Willis out, why not give Mulder a shot?

UK had no inside offensive game today. Ulis's shooting percentage has been trending downward. I think he is getting worn down and teams are game-planning him---------which probably isn't that hard to do, given tbe dearth of other scorers besides Murray. I thought Cal resigned himself to the loss with a few minutes to go---kind of just wrote the game off. I'll have to find out what he said post-game about the game. Very poor, lifeless and uncommitted second half for the Cats, I thought. This team is certainly not great but I think some magic can happen for a while in the NCAAs. I'm disappointed but not too upset about the loss. Every team is losing this year on the road.

I'm a little confused as to what you're saying here? Are you saying the officials had an impact on UK's bench having zero production? :confused:

 

I am saying because of major foul trouble, UK's bench had to play a lot and that is why those stats look like they do. That is how refs can impact the game.

 

Let me be clear. I don't think the officiating was as lopsided as a few others have stated. However, there was no rhyme or reason to how they called the game. One time a hand check is a foul. The next time it isn't. One time any contact on a shooter is a foul. The next time major contact is a no call. There were several calls that were such bad miscalls that even Doug Gottlieb commented (at least 4 different plays) that it is clearly a bad call by the officials. For the most part, the officials today called a no touching at all type of game. That led to a lot of fouls on both teams. UK's bench is already short and that hurt them more than it hurt Vandy. I don't say the officials purposely called against UK. I do say the way they officiated the game made it very difficult for UK and was definitely a factor in UK's loss.

The Cats can't win, especially on the road when the following occur:

 

1. UK only had 4 players score today.

2. Ulis shot 25% on 20 attempts and was 0-7 on 3's.

3. Uk missed 13 of 23 FT .

4. Poythress was never able to get into the game due to foul trouble.

5. Entire team, with the exception of Murray, shot 0-12 on 3's.

Even if that's true (which it is not) I would take it because we are now in the hunt every year it hasn't been like that since Rick was here. Who do you think is getting all this talent in here. I think it is Cal. Like I said in the up date thread I think you are delusional and you must be related to John Chaney.:deadhorse:

 

Can you call what Kentucky has talent when it loses to Vandy?

You know there's a guy who claims to be UK's #1 fan but he only posts when UK loses. Go back and look at the Ky/Ala thread and he had nothing to say. I'd be willing to bet that he hasn't posted in a win this year. I think we should get together and help find him another team to root for.

  • Author
Can you call what Kentucky has talent when it loses to Vandy?

 

They have this year is kind of an exception but they talent is down all over college basketball.

Let me take a guess. You and your son were in Lexington and saw Cal a block away. You yelled at him for an autograph and he kept walking.

 

Wrong answer!

You know there's a guy who claims to be UK's #1 fan but he only posts when UK loses. Go back and look at the Ky/Ala thread and he had nothing to say. I'd be willing to bet that he hasn't posted in a win this year. I think we should get together and help find him another team to root for.

 

I really don't care to much about college basketball. Only watch it if there is nothing else on. So when I do watch UK I expect them to win they have the best recruits right? If only Cal could coach them up. I guess I was the only one to here his comments a few weeks ago saying he hasn't taught them how to win. Apparently he still hasn't taught them yet! :D

I really don't care to much about college basketball. Only watch it if there is nothing else on. So when I do watch UK I expect them to win they have the best recruits right? If only Cal could coach them up. I guess I was the only one to here his comments a few weeks ago saying he hasn't taught them how to win. Apparently he still hasn't taught them yet! :D
Then why would you choose your username. If you hate Cal for losing as often as he does you must really hate Mark Stoops.

Four in the box. Ulis was cold and absolutely nothing from some players.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.