Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How does TRINITY get picked 2nd by BGP Poll?

Featured Replies

  • Author
The weather was awful nice tonight!

 

 

 

A little cloudy, wouldn`t you say??;)

 

 

 

Peace, out!!

  • Replies 80
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity won the title last year and that is all that matters but I think most people on the outside looking in agree St. Xavier was the better team.

 

et tu, guru?

I am a little confused, how does a team get picked 2nd

 

Typically, if your team is in the top five, and the other four teams are ranked 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th, it only stands to reason that your team will be ranked 2nd. ;)

but I think most people on the outside looking in agree St. Xavier was the better team.

 

I guess X can go and wrap that around thier finger then...:rolleyes:

Hey, Mayfield was the champion in 2002 and we weren't put on top of the 1A list, I am glad to see that BGP is treating everyone the same

I'm as big a Trinity wonk as there is and I have one thing to say about the BGP rankings.

 

 

WHO CARES.

 

Unlike DI college football we get to earn championships on the field. I could care less if Trinity is ranked 1 or 100 at this point of the season, it's where they are ranked the first weekend in December that I care about.

 

As to the national rankings an even louder WHO CARES.

 

The people that vote in those things have for the most part never seen even half the teams they are voting for.

 

As to who was the better team last year WHO CARES with a codicil.

 

The only person who's opinion I care about from that regard is the head zookeeper from Poplar Level High because he NEVER gives Trinity credit for any of their success against him. There's always an excuse from him.

# 3 & 4 does means quite a bit PRIDE & NATIONAL RANKINGS, #1 Should and does mean alot when the Team has 13 Players who either started or had alot of varsity playing time.

 

Sorry!! Not all of these National Publications can be wrong?

 

 

When one human being can see ALL the teams in the top 100 of the USA multiple times, only then will National Rankings be accurate!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the people that do BGP rankings know a little more about KY football than any National Publication. If you are in the top 10 or so then you have the potential to win it all that year I think. It's the preseason. Lex Cath was like 5 or 7 preseason last year I think. Point is keep winning ballgames and the rankings will take care of themselves.

 

Sorry!! Not all of these National Publications can be wrong?

 

 

As a matter of fact they can. National publications are not as accurate at the HS level on account of the simple logistical difficulties in scouting and getting an accurate comparison between thousands of schools around the nation.

Wrong!!:thumb:
Just calling it like I see it. I doubt that I'm alone in that assessment.
As a matter of fact they can. National publications are not as accurate at the HS level on account of the simple logistical difficulties in scouting and getting an accurate comparison between thousands of schools around the nation.

 

Exactly, If I'm not mistaken a few years back some sportswriters made up a fictional prep basketball player, talked about his performance and stats over the summer. Presto--he was instantly a top 200 prospect. Who really cares about rankings, this isn't college--the best team wins on the field--not in the polls. If you don't like your ranking do something about it!

I can't see how Trinity can be ranked above X or Male. Trinity will be young and untested in most every position except QB. This could be a long year, again. :sssh:

Long ... as in 15 weeks. Sounds about right ...

et tu, guru?

 

:laugh:

If someone took a poll from the players, I bet they would say they didn't care where they're ranked at the beginning of the season, just as long as their rank #1 at the end of the season. Rings sure do look nice...........

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.